cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To See A Soft Pull on MyFico

tag
mr671grains

How To See A Soft Pull on MyFico

I guess this is the correct place to post this, Do you guys by any chance know how to distinguish between a hard pull and a soft pull on MyFico.  I will get an update that an inquiry has been added and will see that it didn't effect my scoring at all while other do effect it.  I am only asking because I hear people on here saying that they could tell that a so and so company only did a soft pull on them.  Any help as always would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Gardenhand
Regular Contributor

Re: How To See A Soft Pull on MyFico

To my knowledge you won't see any soft pulls on my Fico monitoring and reports. You would need to pull a report straight from the credit bueras to see soft pulls and they will be labeled soft.

Message 2 of 9
mr671grains

Okay so I will either have to pay and have a new set of reports pulled or is there another alternative.  Does MyFico have a way to upgrade membership to something that will let you pull new reports as many times as you with for a certain monthly or annual fee.  

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

You can pull each bureau once a year for free, twice in some states.

Message 4 of 9
Gardenhand
Regular Contributor

I'm pretty sure even if you pay to have your reports pulled here again on my Fico you won't see ANY soft pulls. You will ONLY see hard pulls on here. The only way to see soft pulls is to order your reports from the credit bueras. At least that I'm aware of. 

Message 5 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Gardenhand wrote:

I'm pretty sure even if you pay to have your reports pulled here again on my Fico you won't see ANY soft pulls. You will ONLY see hard pulls on here. The only way to see soft pulls is to order your reports from the credit bueras. At least that I'm aware of. 

Correct; SP's can only be shown to you, and that excludes all 3rd party monitoring solutions.  Either annualcreditreports or if you have to go through the dispute process for something you will get SP information as well.  On a report if you've been denied credit, etc. ad naseum... anything which gets you the base report, gets you the SP information.

        
Message 6 of 9
cem13
Established Contributor

I know that back door discussion on this board is frowned upon.  Here is my take.

My credit report has been a disaster since my BK7 in 2011.  So since they have still not fixed my reports, I start a dispute every single week.  I do this because I have ZERO confidence that they (TU, EX, EQ) have anything correct.

I go online and start a disupte, then review all aspects of my credit including soft pulls.  If things have not changed from the previous report, I cancel the dispute eventhough many things are incorrect.

So how do I know that they did not make an error this week as compared to last week?  I have ZERO confidence in any of the 3 Bureaus.   It is my RIGHT to start a dispute anytime I want.  This is 100% legal.  Then if everything is the same as the last review, I cancel the dispute.

end of rant

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 7 of 9
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

Gardenhand,

As of 12/22/2016 I have the 3B from MyFico and it does NOT show the SP's.

That said, after a long story I won't go into, I happened to dispute something on my Experian report yesterday and in doing that I saved the report pages showing the dispute to a PDF. In that file near the bottom is a section showing the hard pulls but also one showing the Soft Pulls that just you can see, not the creditors.

So besides the free annual credit report the only way I can prove that you can see soft pulls is to open a dispute. I am fairly sure you do not have to submit the dispute, just act like you are going to and then go look at the inquiries.

I disputed the same item on the TU report and that one has two sections, one called promotional inquiries and the other Account Review Inquiries, and these are the SP's.

EQ always give me grief when I try to dispute anything so I have to jump through those hoops sometime in the next few days to make the same dispute. For some reason the verification questions ALWAYS ask me about a Mortgage loan from 2014 that is not mine and a Car Loan that is not mine. They ask the lender and then the amount for each and yet I did not have a mortgage or a car loan in 2014 and in fact I have had neither since 2000. I have no idea why the site does this to me EVERY time.

Starting Score: EQ 628 | TU 643 | EXP 618
Fico 8 12/22/16: EQ 658 | TU 682 | EXP 721
Next Goal:        700's across the board
Credit Karma:   EQ 554 | TU 551
CK 12/22/2016: EQ 637 | TU 637
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cem13 wrote:

I know that back door discussion on this board is frowned upon.  Here is my take.

My credit report has been a disaster since my BK7 in 2011.  So since they have still not fixed my reports, I start a dispute every single week.  I do this because I have ZERO confidence that they (TU, EX, EQ) have anything correct.

I go online and start a disupte, then review all aspects of my credit including soft pulls.  If things have not changed from the previous report, I cancel the dispute eventhough many things are incorrect.

So how do I know that they did not make an error this week as compared to last week?  I have ZERO confidence in any of the 3 Bureaus.   It is my RIGHT to start a dispute anytime I want.  This is 100% legal.  Then if everything is the same as the last review, I cancel the dispute.

end of rant

Really, I think this is fine.  It's not gaming the system in any way.    Many of us do it to see our softs.       If you are rebuilding, and had a rough go in years past, it can benefit you to see your softs, so that you can put out a fire if one may be on the way.       

Especially if you are opted out, in which case softs will be from current cards/loans or something potentially damaging,  for example a water bill that did not pay for after moving, and had no idea that you owed.   If you see a soft from them,  you can pay it and put the fire out, before it reports.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.