Regular Contributor
KDM

How accurate are the FICO scores?

I have the myfico.com, and I get the FICO scores from all three cra's.  How accurate are these scores?  Are these the same scores the lender (auto or cc) will see when they run my credit?  Would I be able to take them with me to the bank when I seek an auto loan?

Regular Contributor
okrogius

Re: How accurate are the FICO scores?

They are the most accurate scores you as a consumer can get. Although they will vary slightly from the scores your auto lender will get as those may be using the industry tweaked formula and not the general fico formula you have yours calculated with.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: How accurate are the FICO scores?

The only accurate\true credit score you can get (which is what the lenders sees) not from myfico.com is through EQ. All others are condsidered FAKOs and can be 100+/- from your true scores. You cannot find out your auto enhanced score without applying for an auto loan.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}