Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate are the simulators?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How accurate are the simulators?

I've been messing with the simulators on myfico and they come up with really off the wall scores. Anyone here actually compared the simulator with actual results?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: How accurate are the simulators?

They are just that - simulators.  They don't take into account the CLDs that the CC companies are doing, and they assume so many different factors.  

I think the simulators have been a little off for me, but not too far.  I'm now over 700 - FINALLY - although I really expected to be here much sooner.   

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The MYFICO simulator is telling me I should see a 80 to 120 point increase just by paying down my utilization. I am currently at about 80%. I realize that utilization is about 30% of your score. I just thought this many points is too many. (over a 6 month period that is)

Message 3 of 5
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

It varies from one credit report to another, but as a general rule, you can expect about a 10 point gain for every 10% decrease in utilization. 
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The score simulators are intentionally vaque. 

If they permitted you to view the short-term affect of one single change in your CR, that wouild allow for reverse-engineering of their scoring algorithm.  And that is just not gonna happen.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.