Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate is the score simulator?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How accurate is the score simulator?

My situation: I had only one cc account so far. I recently opened two new cc accounts. The first one is reporting now, though only partially (no credit limit reported yet). The Score simulator on this site predicted a new score between 719 and 749. In reality, my EQ score went up from 749 to 764. I guess it will go down again on utilization, but I'm surprised about the discrepancy, nevertheless.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: How accurate is the score simulator?

Others have found the Simulator accurate for their situations but I have found it rather useless on util issues.

For util, everyone knows that going to 9% or better is the best but in terms of scoring its been my experience that 1% is the same as 9% so if you are trying to by a home, the extra 8% could be used for a down payment or something for the home.

The simulator doesn't do well in my example and stating that your score could go up from 0 to say 30 points is 100% true but not very usefull. 
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.