cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I stop collection company's from inquiring?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I stop collection company's from inquiring?

I have @10 accounts that were charged off by the original creditors over 7 years ago.  However, they have been sold to different collection agencies multiple times.  These collection agencies keep inquiring on my credit report just about every month.  Does anyone know how I can stop collection agencies from inquiring on my report?  I am trying to repair my credit but the inquiries aren't helping!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How can I stop collection company's from inquiring?

Assuming they have permissable purpose (which it sounds like they do) you can't.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm, if it's over 7 years ago when it don't sound like they still have permissible purpose. Dispute the collections with the CRAs as too old to report.
Message 3 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Umm, if it's over 7 years ago when it don't sound like they still have permissible purpose. Dispute the collections with the CRAs as too old to report.

The TLs are not reporting.. he is just getting Inqs. So I guess there is a fine line whether or not the Inq are just or have PP. OP, Just keep a close eye on your reports.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seemed unclear to me whether the CAs were reporting on the OP's CRs. I was trying to get more info. And I don't see how they could have PP if there's no TL associated with the INQ.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.