lynnesway

How can I stop collection company's from inquiring?

I have @10 accounts that were charged off by the original creditors over 7 years ago.  However, they have been sold to different collection agencies multiple times.  These collection agencies keep inquiring on my credit report just about every month.  Does anyone know how I can stop collection agencies from inquiring on my report?  I am trying to repair my credit but the inquiries aren't helping!
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: How can I stop collection company's from inquiring?

Assuming they have permissable purpose (which it sounds like they do) you can't.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Umm, if it's over 7 years ago when it don't sound like they still have permissible purpose. Dispute the collections with the CRAs as too old to report.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Umm, if it's over 7 years ago when it don't sound like they still have permissible purpose. Dispute the collections with the CRAs as too old to report.

The TLs are not reporting.. he is just getting Inqs. So I guess there is a fine line whether or not the Inq are just or have PP. OP, Just keep a close eye on your reports.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

It seemed unclear to me whether the CAs were reporting on the OP's CRs. I was trying to get more info. And I don't see how they could have PP if there's no TL associated with the INQ.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}