Established Contributor
jackg

Re: How can a $29 dispute sink a sterling credit record?

eljeffe,

I don't like stating the obvious but, based on responses to your situation so far, I think I need to chime in with this: You just learned why it's so important to monitor, on a regular schedule, your credit reports and FICO scores. This would have alerted you to the fact there was a problem before it became irretrievable.

Also, even though you were "HAD?" by GEMB it really won't be the last time something of this nature will happen to you, and you have to decide if you want fight for your rights or, do you want excellent credit? You sound like a logical thinker and you can figure this out if you take a few minutes to cool down and forget the emotional side of what was done to you.

I'm certain you'll come to the correct reaction for the situation and I wish you "Good Luck".
4/10/14
EX=727
EQ=717
YU=718

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+