Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did my score go up?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did my score go up?

How is it possoble that my FICO score went up 11 pts on Transunion from an inquiry? An inquiry from Paypal Credit that I was denied for??? I'm confused! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How did my score go up?

@Anonymous wrote:

How is it possoble that my FICO score went up 11 pts on Transunion from an inquiry? An inquiry from Paypal Credit that I was denied for??? I'm confused! 

Your score went up due to some other change in your credit file.  The inquiry, which will never raise your score, was only the credit event that caused the alert to be issued.  Not all changes in your credit that will increase or decrease your score are reported as alerts.  The increase won't show up until some event, like an inquiry, occurs and causes the alert.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How did my score go up?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your score went up due to some other change in your credit file.  The inquiry, which will never raise your score, was only the credit event that caused the alert to be issued.  Not all changes in your credit that will increase or decrease your score are reported as alerts.  The increase won't show up until some event, like an inquiry, occurs and causes the alert.

Yes i agree with Irish80,inquirys will never raise a score it will lower it but not increase it. The alerts were becuase of the change. It has happened to me. I sighned up for my fico monitoring and i am loving it because it alerts me to everything. Awesome.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.