Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get an update on my score?

tag
viventi

How do I get an update on my score?

Maybe it's just me but I'm confused...

So I used Experian to check my credit before this place, (I knowwwww shh!)...on their site I could update and check on my score and report as often as I wanted.

Is there a way to do that on this site with myFICO? Or do I have to pay for it again??

Thanks so much.

Noob.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: How do I get an update on my score?

@viventi wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I'm confused...

So I used Experian to check my credit before this place, (I knowwwww shh!)...on their site I could update and check on my score and report as often as I wanted.

Is there a way to do that on this site with myFICO? Or do I have to pay for it again??

Thanks so much.

Noob.

You can get quarterly reporting of both score and report from here for Transunion.

You can also sign up for Score Watch which will give you 2 reports each year and as they change score updates from Equifax.

Both of which I subscribe to and love!

But if you want to get your REAL FICO score daily, that will cost you a small fortune.  Anywhere else offering unlimited access to scores - well, you get what you pay for.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

And I'll add that Experian's service isn't a FICO score and the advice is often contrary as to what can help/hurt your FICO.

Message 3 of 13
viventi

Ive heard this a lot today...I wasnt aware at all. I've learned more in the last 8 hours of joining this forum than I have...um, ever. lol.

Message 4 of 13
viventi

Question though...will FICO notify me at all if my score changes?

The reason I'm so eager to see updates is because I'm trying to apply for a lease for a car, and rent a new apartment, and with my current score of 644, I'm not comfortable with the interest rates for the car, and afraid I will be denied for an apartment Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The only myFICO products that offer any sort of notifications are FICO Quarterly Monitoring (often referred to as TUQM) and ScoreWatch (aka SW).

SW does monitor for certain changes to your EQ report as well as changes to your EQ FICO score. Go to the myFICO Product Feedback board and there's a SW Guide stickied there. That tells you what it'll alert you to on EQ and what it will not alert you to.

TUQM is basically a pre-paid plan for your TU FICO report. It's doesn't alert you to score changes or even credit changes to your TU report. It will alert you to certain demogrpahic changes like changes in phone number, address, etc.

Message 6 of 13
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I use USAA CMS for free daily pulls of all 3 credit reports (They give you all 3 FAKO scores as well, but pay no mind to them, just the report info)

SW for the constant updates to my EQ FICO

TU quarterly monitoring for - well, quarterly report/score (FICO)

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 7 of 13
JonRun
Regular Contributor

You can set MyFico ScoreWatch to alert you when your score hits a certain number. I keep mine set to 1 point above the current score. If I get an alert showing it went up, I go in and set it to alert me when it hits 1 point above the new number. I also have USAA credit monitoring and you can pull all 3 reports from their site daily. (They also give you all 3 Fako numbers)
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this work well for you? Does it actually send you an email/score alert when the score rises a point?

Message 9 of 13
JonRun
Regular Contributor

Yes, I have it set to send me a text message and email. When I check the alert, I just set the alert to 1 point higher than my current score. It automatically alerts you if your score drops any amount so I get an alert when my score goes up or down.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.