cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I notify FICO about my NAME CHANGE???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I notify FICO about my NAME CHANGE???

I just recently changed my name (back to maiden name).  I have worked so hard to obtain a great credit score.  How can I be certain that Fair Isaac (myfico in particular) will pick up on my new name and my credit score will follow?  I have asked my bank (who has my only Visa credit card) and they say they will report the change to all 3 credit bureaus, but I want to make absolutely certain that my credit score stays with me.

Thank you.

JJ

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Re: How do I notify FICO about my NAME CHANGE???

This is not uncommon. I doubt you will have any problems. If you pull your credit reports and your name is incorrect you can dispute and provide them with your correct name.

Cheers 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 2 of 5
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

The name of the consumer plays no role in the score model whatsoever. Your score consist of payment history, amounts owed, length of credit history, new credit, and types of credit used. MyFico has nothing to do with your name, all they do is pull your reports from the CRA's and run it through their scoring formula. Just be sure that the 3 CRA's update with the name change. Nothing to worry about, hope that helps!
Message Edited by Chopbrocoli on 12-22-2008 10:57 PM
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Here's a recent post dealing with the same question, and it was answered by the myFICO forums administrator:

Recently changed name - which do I use to order products?

Hope that helps!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently (Oct 2008) changed my name back to my maiden name.

Anyway, once you change your name with your creditors (CCs, auto loan, mortgage loan, etc), your creditors will update your name with the three CBs.  You do not need to notify the CBs, you notify your creditors.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.