cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does late payment on an AU account affect score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does late payment on an AU account affect score?

So my reports are all finally completely clean of any baddies and my scores are 770-810. I am an AU on my moms kohls charge card (actually had no idea until I started checking my credit reports) that has a account open date of 1995 I've never actually had a physical card. Everything is fine with the account but my question is this: if she happens to make a late payment at some point is it going to affect my score? If she does make a late payment and then I remove myself as an AU will the late be removed with it? I trust my mom to make her payments (hasn't had any lates since 95) and don't want to lose the age of the account but I would be really upset if something happens and I end up with a late on my report that I couldn't control and have to wait another 7 years for it to completely go away.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does late payment on an AU account affect score?

@Anonymous wrote:
So my reports are all finally completely clean of any baddies and my scores are 770-810. I am an AU on my moms kohls charge card (actually had no idea until I started checking my credit reports) that has a account open date of 1995 I've never actually had a physical card. Everything is fine with the account but my question is this: if she happens to make a late payment at some point is it going to affect my score? If she does make a late payment and then I remove myself as an AU will the late be removed with it? I trust my mom to make her payments (hasn't had any lates since 95) and don't want to lose the age of the account but I would be really upset if something happens and I end up with a late on my report that I couldn't control and have to wait another 7 years for it to completely go away.

Yes it would affect your score if she has a 30 day or more late payment.  You could then remove yourself as an AU and the history and late payment of that card would disappear from your reports.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome..just wanted to make sure if I removed myself as AU that any derogatory info would be removed as well...looks like I'll just leave it and hope she continues her timely payments Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are an authorized user and the account becomes negative for whatever reason you can remove your self from that account and everything will disappear from your report like was never there. Had very similar situation recently. It took just a phone call, no more than 3 min and the account was gone for good from all 3 reportsSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.