cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How far off are FICOs if 3 reports are same?

tag
KhuKhu
New Contributor

How far off are FICOs if 3 reports are same?

My EQ FICO is 725. Looking at all 3 reports (from EIDT) they are all identical. EIDT FAKOS tell me my FAKOs are all around 680 (give or take a few points between each CRA)

Do you guys think my EX & TU FICO (04 or 08 versions) is probably around 725, give or take 10 points-ish? 

I really don't want to pay to find out until before a big purchase... just wondering where it stands right now...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: How far off are FICOs if 3 reports are same?

It would be impossible to tell. EIDT scores are FAKOS and their scores can be based on a whole wide range of algorithms.
You would also need to know what bureau the creditor would be pulling and which variation of the score.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-version...
Message 2 of 7
bird0722
New Visitor

IMHO, the credit scores that we (the consumers) can buy from sites such as FreeScore.com are absolutely worthless.  The numbers are all over the place.  Most recently (Nov 2013) my three scores were TU: 741  EX:698  EQ:793.   Experian is always significantly under the other two.

I just applied for a mortgage refinance.  My loan officer says my credit scores are: TU: 752  EX: 759  EQ: 742

So if I'm trying to actually MANAGE my credit scores responsibly, a site such as FreeScore.com is not helping me one bit, because it provides absolutely no visibility into the real FICO scores that lenders can see and use.  The inability of ordinary consumers to get accurate credit score information is ridiculous.  I think I'm going to initiate a mortgage refinance once a year just to get my real numbers.  Paying extra for some irrational numbers pulled out of thin air is just not smart.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understand your frustration. Myfico.com came the closest to my mortgage lendor scores. The other sites were not as useful.
Message 4 of 7
JHorowitz
Established Member

d.e.
Message 5 of 7
JHorowitz
Established Member

@bird0722 wrote:

IMHO, the credit scores that we (the consumers) can buy from sites such as FreeScore.com are absolutely worthless.  The numbers are all over the place.  Most recently (Nov 2013) my three scores were TU: 741  EX:698  EQ:793.   Experian is always significantly under the other two.

I just applied for a mortgage refinance.  My loan officer says my credit scores are: TU: 752  EX: 759  EQ: 742

So if I'm trying to actually MANAGE my credit scores responsibly, a site such as FreeScore.com is not helping me one bit, because it provides absolutely no visibility into the real FICO scores that lenders can see and use.  The inability of ordinary consumers to get accurate credit score information is ridiculous.  I think I'm going to initiate a mortgage refinance once a year just to get my real numbers.  Paying extra for some irrational numbers pulled out of thin air is just not smart.

Is FreeScore.com FAKOs?

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, all of the free scores, all in ones, CK, CS, and the like are all FAKO scores.

The only place you might get a free FICO is through a lender, like a CC you have may offer one.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.