cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How high can a score get?

tag
YanksFan

How high can a score get?

I have a question regarding not only my FICO score but my wife's score as well.  I see listed everywhere that the highest score you can recieve is 850.  Well, I just pulled mine the other day and it was 825.  Feeling proud of myself I was bragging to my wife how high my score was.  She pulls hers and its 879.  Now if 850 if the highest how does she get 879? After years of having the better score between the two of us and her now coming out on top, which I don't have a problem with, is she the goddess of all FICO's?  What is the true ceiling of the FICO score?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: How high can a score get?

YanksFan wrote:
I have a question regarding not only my FICO score but my wife's score as well.  I see listed everywhere that the highest score you can recieve is 850.  Well, I just pulled mine the other day and it was 825.  Feeling proud of myself I was bragging to my wife how high my score was.  She pulls hers and its 879.  Now if 850 if the highest how does she get 879? After years of having the better score between the two of us and her now coming out on top, which I don't have a problem with, is she the goddess of all FICO's?  What is the true ceiling of the FICO score?

Check out the FICO-FAKO threads, and Credit Scoring 101.

Anything over 850 is FAKO - MyFICO is the only place to get the real scores that lenders acyually use
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.