cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How high did your FICO go after paying off CC's?

tag
lloyd1981
Established Member

Re: HOW HIGH DID YOUR FICO GO AFTER PAYING OFF CC's

If you pay a high amount down and keep a high amount on the cards, you'll have to figure out if you can make not only the direct payments monthly, but any additional payments that may be required.  If you can make it, take the investment since it will give you a second type of credit. Use the FICO tool that gives you an idea of how paying off amounts over different periods of time MAY affect your score. I doubt you'll gain 40 points in a short period of time.

Good luck!

Message 81 of 84
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you think if I pay it down to $10, i will see a 40+ increase?

That's impossible to predict, but I think it's safe to say that your score will see a decent jump.

Message 82 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

just paid off a $22 credit card debt-now all 10 cards are 0 --credit score at each of 3 agencies dropped 15 pts---that will teach me not to be a responsible person.

Message 83 of 84
lloyd1981
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

just paid off a $22 credit card debt-now all 10 cards are 0 --credit score at each of 3 agencies dropped 15 pts---that will teach me not to be a responsible person.

Last year, had the same issue.... but in reverse. Charged a large amount to one card and my score jumped 27 points.

As I started today, if there was consistency to the concept, people could simply pay and enjoy instead of planning sneaky games.

Message 84 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.