Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How high with collection and tax lien

tag
PRILEY
Regular Contributor

How high with collection and tax lien

How high can my credit go with a collection( That I refuse to pay) and a paid tax lien. I have a 725 score now after Xmas, it was 730. What is the expected score cap for me right now?

ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How high with collection and tax lien

@PRILEY wrote:

How high can my credit go with a collection( That I refuse to pay) and a paid tax lien. I have a 725 score now after Xmas, it was 730. What is the expected score cap for me right now?

ThanksSmiley Happy

How long ago were the two derogs and what score are we talking about?  Also is that a Fed or state tax lien?  If Fed, go get that airstruck Smiley Happy.

I'm theorizing with my file I'll get to 700 on a Beacon 5.0 and a 720 on a Beacon 9.0 until my tax lien and collection fall off in 3 years, but I also have a 30/60 late on a credit card too which isn't helping me.  I also likely don't have the report to support what you got on a 2010 mortgage app even if I were utterly clean now, so likely you have longer and better history than me before the derogatories happened.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.