cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Wayfair in working with you when you mess up and miss a payment due to timeframes in the US?

tag
QCS123
Established Contributor

How is Wayfair in working with you when you mess up and miss a payment due to timeframes in the US?

So mad at myself right now.  Tonight after celebrating my son's birthday I got on my computer to make sure I had all my payments in hand and realized that the new account (Wayfair) was due today and not the 12th which I had written down.  So I logged in to make a payment and that's when I realized my payment had to be made by 8pm eastern standard time.  Since I'm on the West Coast that means I missed the payment date and I will now have a late payment!  UGH!  I completely messed up my very first month with this account and when I've been perfect for for four years!  I so NOT happy with myself!  Anyone know if they will waive a late payment if I call and talk to them?  I just can't believe I did this....this is going to bug me all night long....  I'm fine with paying a late payment fee, but I don't want a late payment on my CR!!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is Wayfair in working with you when you mess up and miss a payment due to timeframes in the

You won't have a late payment on your credit report.  Late payments are graded in severity as Day 30, Day 60, Day 90, etc.  That means that creditors do not report you as late until you are 30 days late.  You were a few hours late.

You may get a fee, but as you mention that's very different from something appearing on your reports.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.