cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is fico scoring this tradeline? who knows how to answer this one?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

How is fico scoring this tradeline? who knows how to answer this one?

i have a mortgage account that has been open for 2 years but it was not reported until i had my first 30 day late 6 months ago. the account open date is reported correctly and so is the high/balance and current balance.

Is fico only counting the payment history after the first 30 day late starting 6 months ago? there are white boxes before that time period. now I am starting to see the red 30 and green boxes when current?

Im also trying to figure out if i will see any score boost at the 12, 18, and 24th month of reporting, or is it of the account open date regardless of reporting?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Established Contributor

Re: How is fico scoring this tradeline? who knows how to answer this one?

CreditDrama85 wrote:

i have a mortgage account that has been open for 2 years 

the account open date is reported correctly and so is the high/balance and current balance.

Is fico only counting the payment history after the first 30 day late starting 6 months ago? there are white boxes before that time period.

is it of the account open date regardless of reporting?

My BoA (oldest account) credit card has been open for 8 years. A couple years ago my Eq report suddenly showed only 30 something months as "number of months reported" in the summary, the proper number of boxes were still green. My oldest account and average account age still was reported correctly in the summary portion of EQ.

For the last few months a few of the 24 month history boxes on TU are white for the same tradeline. About twenty boxes are green. Again the summaries reflect that the report is acknowledging my 8 year history of the account.

In the past I couldn't get BoA or Eq to fix the "error" so I'm ignoring the TU anomally this time. The white boxes seem to disappearing one by one each month so it will be 24 months of green again soon. 

You are probably receiving credit for the original account opening date. You can check your average age summary, do the math yourself, and then see if the numbers match.

I wouldn't worry about the empty boxes. In the long run the reporting of the tradeline will probably help you. You could try to GW the late. Usually it takes a year of on time payments before a company will consider removing a late, but you might try anyway.

Message 2 of 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How is fico scoring this tradeline? who knows how to answer this one?

CreditDrama85 wrote:

i have a mortgage account that has been open for 2 years but it was not reported until i had my first 30 day late 6 months ago. the account open date is reported correctly and so is the high/balance and current balance.

Is fico only counting the payment history after the first 30 day late starting 6 months ago? there are white boxes before that time period. now I am starting to see the red 30 and green boxes when current?

Im also trying to figure out if i will see any score boost at the 12, 18, and 24th month of reporting, or is it of the account open date regardless of reporting?

If the account open date reads 24 months ago (or whatever) then you are getting the full benefit of reporting and scoring.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.