cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do I wait before applying for a second card??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long do I wait before applying for a second card??

I applied for and received a CC from Visa with a $7500 limit in May of 07. I've been using the heck out of it (everything - groceries, gas, etc) and paying it off every week. It showed up on my CRs in June. I want to continue to build my credit score by getting another card and splitting the usage between the two cards. How long should I wait so that it doesn't look like I'm applying for credit like crazy and actually dropping my score? I've got my baddies cleaned up about as far as I can. Also, what else can I do to raise my score? Thanks in advance. I always get fantastic advice here.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long do I wait before applying for a second card??

What's your Fico scores?

If you want a secured card, try local CU.

If scores are high enough- try for reg.Check out the thread called Friendly CCC
Message 2 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

netpanther wrote:
What's your Fico scores?

If you want a secured card, try local CU.

If scores are high enough- try for reg.Check out the thread called Friendly CCC

I think the OP can do better than a secured CC seeing they were approved for a CC with a 7K CL last May.
Message 3 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

jhigh wrote:
I applied for and received a CC from Visa with a $7500 limit in May of 07. I've been using the heck out of it (everything - groceries, gas, etc) and paying it off every week. It showed up on my CRs in June. I want to continue to build my credit score by getting another card and splitting the usage between the two cards. How long should I wait so that it doesn't look like I'm applying for credit like crazy and actually dropping my score? I've got my baddies cleaned up about as far as I can. Also, what else can I do to raise my score? Thanks in advance. I always get fantastic advice here.

How many inqs on each of your CRs? Is this your only CC?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's why I asked what are his scores cuz his other card was high already.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.