Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do accounts stay on report

tag
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

How long do accounts stay on report

Morning.

In regards to closed accounts, how long do they remain on your report and used to calculate your AAoA?  Exmaple, I have a mortgage account that was opened in 04 and closed in 06 (sold house).  Currently it states, date reported 7/01/2006 and the status is pays as agrees.  Will this fall off at some point in time?  Is a mortgage account used to calculate AAoA?  Hopefully it stays on there for some time.  I also have some installment accounts that are in a closed state - oldest being 2003.  My concern is that this will fall off at some point and then my AAoA will be drastically impacted.

I have always heard negative will remain 7.5 years and then fall off, is that the same for positive?  Do closed accounts count towards AAoA or just open?  Thanks in advance for the help!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: How long do accounts stay on report

Positive closed accounts generally stay on your CRA for 10 years.  In my case, EQ dropped my closed CC after 7 years.   So it can be earlier, but 10 years is the general rule.

Message 2 of 4
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Hmm, my mortgage has been on there for over 10 years now.  Also, on my wife's report I see accounts they are over 20 years old listed.

Message 3 of 4
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@akula wrote:

Hmm, my mortgage has been on there for over 10 years now.  Also, on my wife's report I see accounts they are over 20 years old listed.

The time starts once the account is closed.  As long as the account is open it will stay on your CR.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.