cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for CC and Inquiries to appear on your CR?

tag
QCS123
Established Contributor

How long does it take for CC and Inquiries to appear on your CR?

No one answered by long winded question, so I'll ask it in another way.  I applied for multiple CC Dec 30-Jan 4th.  So far only 2 Inquiries have shown up and two accounts (not exactly the same as the inquiries) on my reports.  I'm using the my Fico reports.

Should they have already shown up or does it just take a long time?  Wondering if I got lucky and they were SP vs. HP or since the accounts haven't all shown up it's just taking a long time?  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take for CC and Inquiries to appear on your CR?

Technically, inquiry will show up on your report as soon as the inquiry is made. As for new accounts, it will vary between different creditors - they may appear immediately when the account is open, or may not appear until the second statement cuts.

Creditor may use 1-3 of the major bureaus for the inquiry, so if you only check one bureau, you may not find out the inquiry because the creditor actually checked another one. If you have applied for more than one account from the same creditor during a short period, the creditor may use the same inquiry to make decisions for each application, in which case no new inquiries are made from the same creditor after the first one. Occasionally creditors may do soft inquiries for application, and you most likely have to pull your reports directly from the credit bureaus to find them out.

Message 2 of 12
QCS123
Established Contributor

Thanks, looks like on the inquiry end, I escaped relatively without any damage.  I am just hitting my first statement dates so I guess I will need to wait another month for the missing CC to appear and see how much damage I will incur as a result of opening the new accounts. Fingers crossed it won't be that bad, since I'm okay with my scores right now and just want to work to get all three over 700.

Message 3 of 12
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

Sorry didn't see you had a duplicate post I replied to your original post/question. Amex always takes 2 statement cuts before reporting to any CRA. Hope that helps. Congrats on the BCE and welcome back to the AMEX family!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been 5+ weeks now, so if you aren't seeing an inquiry or inquiries from that long ago the chances of them appearing now are slim to none.

Message 5 of 12
QCS123
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone.  Looks like the only ding I'll get will be the new accounts opening when they hit in the next 30 days.  We shall see how bad it is.  I keep getting 1pt increases everytime I make payments, so maybe it will help soften the losing points when the accounts get added.  Fingers crossed.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so you are aware, you aren't receiving 1 point increases from making payments.  Perhaps several times when you've made payments coincidentally your score has gone up a point, but the act of simply making a payment in no way can consistently raise a credit score 1 point each time.

Message 7 of 12
QCS123
Established Contributor

Thanks, but I know that you don't receive 1 pt for payments made (I wish).  I just happened to be at the point of my payments effecting my utilization enough that "right now" they are reflecting point increases.  Today I got a 10pt increase (EX) for two payments, which lowered the utilization to below the "magic" 28% and I am at 25%.  So now payments won't incur any increases in points until I get that utilization down a LOT more. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right.  As you stated above, point increases come when utilization thresholds are crossed.  They can also come when fewer cards report balances.  When utilization thresholds are crossed, often score changes are in the 10-20 point range.  When number of cards reporting balances crosses a threshold, a point change may only be 5-15 points.  I guess my point here is that nothing to my knowledge with respect to a utilization change would ever result in just a 1 point change.  There are tons of things that can result in 0 point change, or, there are things that impact score say 5+ points.  All I was getting at was that if your score went up 1 point, it wasn't because of something utilization-related such as making a payment.

Message 9 of 12
QCS123
Established Contributor

Got it!  Good to know.  Thanks for taking the time to explain several times.  All of this increases my general understanding.  hmmm wonder why I got a 1pt increase then....interesting.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.