cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for CC and Inquiries to appear on your CR?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: How long does it take for CC and Inquiries to appear on your CR?

It could just be the natural aging of your file.  Assuming nothing adverse happens to a profile, the overall trend over time will be upward simply based on age of accounts factors getting older.  If you have things holding your score back (baddies, inquiries, etc) their aging in theory could result in small point gains.

Message 11 of 12
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long does it take for CC and Inquiries to appear on your CR?

When I applied for a Chase card, it took somewhere between 5 & 15 minutes for it to show up on my Experian report. I know it wasn't instant because I deliberately pulled my Experian report a few times in a row, just after applying.

So, either Chase didn't pull the report straightaway, or Experian didn't post the inquiry right away.

This was also after midnight, so perhaps one of the parties involved were undergoing regular system maintenance.

Either way, I figured it would be an interesting data point to share... for those of us that might have a few apps going simultaneously.

Of course, I'm sure it's something that the gamers already know all about. I only just realized that there still seem to be openings in what was long rumored to be a closed up loophole of inquiry posting delays.
Message 12 of 12