cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for FICO score to update?

tag
NickJames

How long does it take for FICO score to update?

Hi,

I'm not going to lie, I've gotten myself into some bad habits of going on a shopping spree with my CCs being young and naive.

I was about 10K in utilization @ 95% and I recently paid most of them off today to $2.5k in utilization at around 25% utilization now.

My FICO is currently 680 and I haven't applied for a card in over 13 months.

I'm planning to apply to get a new credit card to take advantage of some nice benefits.

I was wondering how long does it take for FICO scores to update?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: How long does it take for FICO score to update?

i don't know how many cards that 10k was spread across, but For example, assuming it was just 1 card....if your statement closes today with it paid down to 2.5K, then depending on which report  and who the card issuer is, you would likely see it updated between tomorrow and 5 days from now. Certain times it can take upwards of a week for it to show up on your report though.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take for FICO score to update?

For my accounts, I find they either report within a couple of days after statement cutoff or after the calendar month ends. Note when a new account is set up I have seen it take three months to get in the system of regular reporting. Banks I deal with are Discover, Citi, Chase, FNB Omaha, USAA Federal Savings, US Bank and a local bank.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.