cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for utilization to update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take for utilization to update?

Good for you!

Suggestion: still go back through this thread, especially the posts that Heaven made and myself.  There's some important conceptual information there, e.g. about what it means for a CC isuer to "report" (including what "Date Reported" means), the fact that after that it will take some (variable) amount of time for that updated record to make its way into the database, and the fact that after that it will take some amount of time for an alert-driven CMS to notify you of the newly updated database.

These are crucial ideas that come up dozens of times a week here in the Forum, with people not fully understanding how all that works.   Understanding it will help you a lot in the months and years to come. Thus this thread can be about a lot more than just "will I be able to get my BBR today?"

PS.  I have myself probably fielded the following comment a good 100+ times about the Alliant SSL alone: "Alliant hasn't reported my SS loan yet... when will they do that?"  (Typically posted between the 3rd and 5th of the month.  In fact, Alliant has reported the loan (always last day of the month), and it is even possible that Alliant has updated the database (though often not), but what the person means is that his CMS has not yet told him that his loan has been updated (an alert he hasn't yet received).

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take for utilization to update?

My Discover statement closed yesterday.  Posted to Experian today.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.