cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to actually have a credit score?

tag
Reese2107
Valued Member

How long does it take to actually have a credit score?

I opened my first account with kay jewelers six months ago...always paid on time. Also...since the beginnjng of apr i have had a wells fargo secured card. I habe noticed the couple of times i have tried to apply for other things it still shoots back as no score or not enough information. Etc etc. Both of these cards report and have been reporting. What is the deal?

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ: 664 TU: 673 EX: 700
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Cards: Citi Forward (Students): $1.5k, Wells Fargo Secured: $2k, Kay Jewelers: $300, BoA Cash Rewards (Students): $700, Buckle: $250
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Ailee92

Re: How long does it take to actually have a credit score?

6months

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Ailee92 wrote:

6months

Ditto and specifically:

Here's the minimum scoring requirements for a FICO:

· At least one account that has been open for six months or more
· At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months
· No indication of deceased on the credit report (Please note: if you share an account with another person this may affect you if the other account holder is reported deceased).

Message 3 of 5
Reese2107
Valued Member

Ok. Thanks guys. I will go ahead and wait about two more months...then try to pull my actual FICOs myself. 

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ: 664 TU: 673 EX: 700
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Cards: Citi Forward (Students): $1.5k, Wells Fargo Secured: $2k, Kay Jewelers: $300, BoA Cash Rewards (Students): $700, Buckle: $250
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Note you needs 6 months of reports.  Depending on when the cards report it can actually take 7 months to have 6 months worth of reports.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.