cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take update credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take update credit?

As of 4/21/15 my husbands credit has jumped up nearly 70 point and mine over 100! Making a few big payments tomorrow so excited to see where theyll be in another month. 

Message 11 of 12
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long does it take update credit?

I am in a similar situation as you.    I was carrying about $22,000 in credit card debt.  Around 80% util.  I was able to pay nearly all of them off last month.  My score has climbed a little over a 100 pts on EX and EQ and aout 80 pts on TU.

I found they climbed SLOW.  I know when each credit card reports and watched for the payments to hit and than the report to update.  MyFICO is about a week late in notifying me when a card has been updated.  Each pay off helped a little.   I had 15 cards reporting balances and now I am at 2 with high balances that should update this week.  The other thing I  noticed - I paid off in full but they charged residue interest - so all my cards still reported with balances of $7 to $20.  So I am still at about 13 cards reporting with balances but they are all small balances.  I have gone back and paid those off.  I am kinda in limbo.  I need the two from this week to update than I will need to wait until the first week in May for the other ones with the residue interest to report zero.  Not sure what I am expecting to happen.  

My scores went from low 600's to 728, 688 and 721.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.