cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should it take a CC to report....

tag
Madison
Regular Contributor

How long should it take a CC to report....

We paid off Bank of America on May 25th and still nothing from EQ. We had two CL increases on May 26th and still nothing from EQ. In fact I have not gotten a change in my credit score since March 25th even though our utilization has gone down and have made all my payments on time and much higher than minimum requirements....I gurarantee you if I put a charge on my CC or had a black mark, it would make my head spin on how fast they would report and show up on my EQ report. Should I call B of A and ask them to report our PIF and the two CC companies to report our CL increases? I am getting impatient everytime I check my email for a MyFico update. It is getting rediculous.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long should it take a CC to report....

Madison. First, I presume you meant March 25 & March 26. Next, do you have a CMS like True Credit or one of the others? The $14.95 per month that it costs me for TC is worth every penny, as I can check my report whenever I am expecting something to update. I can check it every 24 hours if I want or need to do so. That way, you know when to purchase your FICOs. Just a thought.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I agree with ByrdMan. This could well have updated during the SW limbo.

If I didn't have TrueCredit, I would be pulling score$$$ much more frequently than I already do. And I already pull way too often. I even had a myFICO CSR tell me once that it was really too soon to pull again. That's pretty sad! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

It also seems funny to me that CCCs are quick to report negative info and or balance increases but PIF, they slow down a bit.

GEMB - seems slow to report good news.

BofA - they have a comando team ready to spring into action if you are late or exceed your CL.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

"BofA - they have a comando team ready to spring into action if you are late or exceed your CL."

Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 7
Madison
Regular Contributor

My wife has paid off 3 revolving credit cards to zero balance in April 22 and has had 2 CL increases on credit cards in April and has yet to hear a peep out of EQ. This is really frustrating.
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Madison wrote:

My wife has paid off 3 revolving credit cards to zero balance in April 22 and has had 2 CL increases on credit cards in April and has yet to hear a peep out of EQ. This is really frustrating.
Unless these materially affected your util, causing it to cross one of the known threshholds (<50%, <30%, maybe <20%, <10% ), you're probably not going to get an alert.

But I agree, the score has probably changed in the meantime. Do you know the date on which your various cards update to all three credit agencies? And then, of course, the agencies have to post the updates, which takes a week for me with EQ.

It seems to me that it would be worth it to you to sign up for the 30-day trial of TrueCredit. It will show the exact dates that the CCC's updated accounts (even if the CRA posted them a week later,) and where your balances are now.

Even when ScoreWatch is chugging along smoothly for me, I would never be able to tell what was going on with my reports with it alone, which is why I use TrueCredit, and as I always say, I ignore the scores and advice.

If you find that you've gotten all you need from your TC trial, or you don't like it, you can always cancel before you're signed up on a paying basis. But to me, it's worth the less than 50 cents/ day that it costs me, just to avoid the problems you're having.

When you do see that an account has finally updated on a report, please do realize that all the monitoring services typically send an alert 2-3 days after this happens. Not when you pay, not when the CCC posts the payment, not necessarily on the statement date, not when the CCC updates the CRA's, not when the new info actually appears on the credit report, but 2-4 days after this update, longer for SW if it didn't affect your score. (This is more a general FYI for all the new members.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.