cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many points could you get when paying off credit card (UTI @ 90%. Will pay it down to 15% UTI)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many points could you get when paying off credit card (UTI @ 90%. Will pay it down to 15% UT

Revelate

Looks pretty accurte to me.

Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many points could you get when paying off credit card (UTI @ 90%. Will pay it down to 15% UT

Well let me be the 1st to say

I'm definitly going to be throwing (ABCD2199)  my data point to him as i told him once i get home lol! Never been so excited to get home from my desk and gets started on evn more credit file work. Do enough of it at work but when it comes to my own credit it even more exciting to me hahahahhaa!

Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Revelate:

My calculator relies on having the full scope so if you remember that data it would help me a ton!

I need to know number of credit cards total (open accounts) when you had one card at 90%.

Thanks!
Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kitty_Kat: if you ever report something other than AZEO, send me your data points which would be any two months of data with changes, number of open credit accounts and utilization/balance changes.

I am paying down the separation between aggregate utilization and individual utilization and the more data I have, the more accurate my calculator will be.

Would be nice if we could help people forecast more accurately what paying down balances would do!

And thanks for the kind comments.
Message 24 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

ABCD2199
If you can give me like 30 mins, I'll be home and send you this information to the (T)????

Thanks
Message 25 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ABCD My pleasure, thank you for everything you do for everyone on here!

I do have some wonky stuff going on with my reporting right now but if I'm not mistaken it looks like it might've ended up how i initially intended anyway (i.e. AZEO), I'll have to give it a little time to update everywhere but essentially what happened was this:

I always use my discover card as the card to report a balance, and I had it all set to post as $6 on my statement. However for some reason my statement didn't cut when it was supposed to, and I had quite a few pending transactions poised to post soon (on top of this my card got skimmed at a gas pump in this same 2 day period further complicating matters with a fraudulent $98 transaction and subsequent closing of my card + new one sent). I wasn't sure what to do so I sent another payment hoping it would either post with the pending stuff on my statement and keep my util in the proper range, or not post till after my statement along with the pending things.

Instead my statement ended up cutting at a $0 balance (but one day later than it should've), leaving all 3 of my cards at zero instead of AZEO

Here's where it gets a little odd though, I checked experian and they show discover at $6 updated on the day my statement cut (however I won't get another update for almost a month), BUT i just got an alert from wallethub showing my discover account closed/dropped off and a point loss of about 22 points (I know the actual score/points don't mean anything but I think the info itself should still be somewhat applicable). I haven't gotten my new card yet so i won't know more until i activate it and see how it's updated on my CRs, but it looks like there's a possibility it could end up with something other than AZEO, in which case I'll send you the stats (lol sorry if this ended up being WAYYY too long, it's a kind of odd scenario and I try to be thorough haha)

Your fico simulator fascinates me, I'd be really interested to know how it all turns out with regard to Runner77 and paying everything down + how close you come to his actual point hike

I've never tried the fico ones but some of the vantage based simulators are hilarious, I had one tell me that if I paid all my accounts on time for 6 months I'd gain negative 2 points lol
Message 26 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good info, I'm mobile now but will be at a desk tomorrow to reply.

Discover is amazing to work with. Any time you want them to post your balance they'll manually push an update to all three bureaus!

My card was supposedly hacked so they sent me a new card and my old account disappeared for a week or less before the replacement one popped up. No worries there!
Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh dang that's great to know! It had the potential to mess me up for a month because of the order my cards post in (well that and I can't let overstock post a balance cause like the massive cheapskate I am I couldn't pass up a free $20 gift card for getting account assure but don't wanna cancel it till I use said gift card so that they can't take it back lol - and no way am I paying them the 4 bucks or whatever it is if a balance reports - which could be a good tip if anybody has overstock, idk if they're still doing it but as of a few months ago they were giving out $20 gift cards for getting account assure and you can cancel it whenever, plus it doesn't charge you anyway if no balance reports)

Welp there's one more point for my discover fangirl spiel lol, they were great with my incident too, they caught it before I even woke up and had everything taken care of in minutes

That's awesome though that all makes me feel a lot better, I figured it'd pop back up when I activate the new card, I'm just a little concerned about whether or not they'll backdate it (I'm guessing they will though? Do you remember if they did for yours?)

Let us know how everything comes along with @Runner77, I'm totally excited for him (.. or her? I randomly assumed him but my deepest apologies if i guessed wrong!) - knowing you've got a score bump on the way is an awesome feeling 😸

PS @runner - I'm really sorry about your dad and grandpa, had my grandpa pass recently too - it's a horrible depressing situation and I'm really glad you're doing better now, sending you lots of good vibes ❤
Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the Data I said I was going to send ABCD2199

Thanks for your help ABCD2199

Fico 8 score(s) 

TU  684 EQ 656 EX 658

Fico 2 Bank Card Scores

TU 681 Eq 652 EX 655

-No Collections (But I do have 1 Repo as it is 6 years old and due to fall off in Jan 03 2018)

1 Auto loan  since 2013 with 1 late payment  of 6 months ago ( mention before that my father and grandfather died in same month, very hard and tough month with bills, but things are great now) billers were totally undertanding.

-Cap 1 QS 19 month aged at 1500.00/ 400.0 Balance 22% uti (This card was a regular Plat to start back in 2015, now upgraded)

-Cap 1 QS1 9 months aged at 1500.00/ 120.00 balance 9% uti (was 1460.00 balance but paid it down yestesterday)

- 2 inquiries across all 3 credit B. ( Last app was back in Feb when I got the QS1)

Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kitty_Kat

Thanks so much for the kind words and I am just now see this and so sorry to just now reply to you. It was def a horrible time and a very hard one at that. One thing is for sure though. I have family and friend right there to help me get threw all of it. 

I think this situation woth my credit is going to work out very well and I am very excited to see how everything will turn out. I wil also keep you posted as well! Looking forward to see what everything looks like at the end of this month woth my credit score! The 32 point gain I got for paying down my 1st card ws AMAZING!!! So who knows what the turn will be with my last card at the end of this month! Thanks again and stay tune!

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.