cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much do hard pulls hurt your score??

tag
praise123
Contributor

How much do hard pulls hurt your score??

So, I had hards pulls 4 to be exact in 3 months.  How much will this hurt my score.  How long will it be for recovery.  It did result in 4 new credit cards that I did not have before.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How much do hard pulls hurt your score??

YMMV as to whether or not inquiries hurt. IME, probably 80%+ never impacted my FICO, but then again I used to have as much as 30+ on EQ and EX. Inquiries only  impact FICO for 1 yr., and if there's an impact, it'll fade over that time. Most of your score impact will be the new TLs.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

To add, hard inquiries arguably have more impact in the case of a manual review, especially a mortgage. But I understand they (generally) have more score impact the higher your score is.

Message 3 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

When I was in the major derog score bucket, a HP on TU cost from 0 to 15 points.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

These pulls will stay on your report for 24 months but they should only really effect your score for about 12 months or so

Message 5 of 7
tmbr10
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To add, hard inquiries arguably have more impact in the case of a manual review, especially a mortgage. But I understand they (generally) have more score impact the higher your score is.

Very true! Most every action that could be considered negative (or non-positive) effects higher scores more.

The higher your score is, the more volitile it becomes. Never will understand this.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Augh yes very good point, seems like everyting effect's my score no matter what I do good or bad!  Well mostly always good!

Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.