Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much might my score increase?

tag
rkp25
Valued Member

How much might my score increase?

On 7/30 my TU score was 625 and I have a total of 10 medical collection accounts.  6 of those are now paid off and the collection agency has agreed to have them removed from my credit reports.  Can anyone give me an idea on what type of score increase I may be able to expect?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: How much might my score increase?

@rkp25 wrote:

On 7/30 my TU score was 625 and I have a total of 10 medical collection accounts.  6 of those are now paid off and the collection agency has agreed to have them removed from my credit reports.  Can anyone give me an idea on what type of score increase I may be able to expect?

I don't think you'll get a big FICO score boost ~ the other collections will still be dragging your score down unfortunately.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
mschang
Regular Contributor

Re: How much might my score increase?

i had (past tense -- woop woop!) 10 or so COs and collections but saw upward movement with each removal. but i have a lot of accounts in good standing, no lates, etc and i think that may have been a factor.

your starting score is a little higher than mine was and i don't know how recent your collections were, what else you have on your report that would counterbalance baddies, etc., but i gained a lot of points as you can see in my siggy. it's a lot to me, anyway Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.