cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much will a 30 day late hurt on a good account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much will a 30 day late hurt on a good account?

So of course the first month I am finally reported as AU on my parents 37 year old perfect Amex, they are 30 dys late.  So now if Amex does report the 30 day late, how much will that hurt relative to the good very old and perfect history in terms of applying for new credit?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: How much will a 30 day late hurt on a good account?

One 30 day late on a green account is very serious.  I would estimate it could be 50 points?

Any other guesses?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:
One 30 day late on a green account is very serious. I would estimate it could be 50 points?
Any other guesses?

Crap, this timing sucks. Was about to app for new credit but Midland maliciously added their unpaid to Efax AFTER not DVing me and AFTER OC 'cleared me', so now i have to wait for that to be removed, by the time I do, the 30 day late Amex will report.

If I call Amex and explain late (my mom is taking care of sick dad) and 37 year clean history, any chance they will not report the late???
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well for what it is worth, I went online and made an appeal for not reporting. I pointed out 'we' have had a perfect history for almost 4 decades, and that we are currently caring for sick dad/father and were overwhelmed by paperwork. We actually overpaid by $1500 as it was last month. So I asked that as a goodwill gesture, they not report the late payment.
Message 4 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

I dunno about 50 points, but it'll be a doozy, if they do report.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow check out the reply to my goodwill query (please don't report the one delinquincy since we've been great for 37 years);

" really understand your concern regarding this matter.

Per your inquiry, I wish to inform you that we do not report delinquency on active accounts to the Credit Bureau Department.

I hope you find this information helpful. We look forward to provide you excellent customer service that you truly deserve.

Also, we pray a speedy recovery for your husband."

Amazing news AND they were so nice.
Message 6 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Cool. Now fix that CA.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.