Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does CCT update?

tag
Subexistence
Established Contributor

How often does CCT update?

I was hoping to see my Amex impact on my credit score on CCT before my trial ended. I got my trial on 4/4 and I got Amex BCE on 4/5. My Amex BCE is $1200.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
18 REPLIES 18
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: How often does CCT update?

AMEX is notoriously slow to report. Some have said that it could take three to four statements.

I got my BCE in February, and it hasn't reported. The current statement period closes on Friday. It could report in a few days, or I may have to wait another month or three.

I'm in no hurry to see it show up, though, as it's almost certainly going to result in a score ding. If it ages a bit before it appears, it'll work to my advantage.

At any rate, because the card was very unlikely to report, I decided to take advantage of that opportunity by allowing my first month's statement balance to be significantly larger than what I'd likely allow to be reported normally. One of the report items is "highest balance." I figured it'd look pretty silly if the highest balance on a $15,000 limit card was under $100. Smiley Happy I'm assuming, of course, that the first month's balance will appear as my highest balance once AMEX finally reports.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Subexistence wrote:

I was hoping to see my Amex impact on my credit score on CCT before my trial ended. I got my trial on 4/4 and I got Amex BCE on 4/5. My Amex BCE is $1200.

You get two 3-bureau pulls with a CCT trial, 1 week apart.  Since you pulled on 4/4, you'll be able to pull again free of charge on 4/11 just before the trial ends.

Now for the mind blowing part - if you log back into your then-closed CCT account on 4/18, you can start the cycle all over again with a fresh $1 trial, i.e get another pull on 4/18, then again 7 days later on 4/25.  Feel free to do this as many times as you like, they'll never shut you down.

Have fun!

Message 3 of 19
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

AMEX is notoriously slow to report. Some have said that it could take three to four statements.

I got my BCE in February, and it hasn't reported. The current statement period closes on Friday. It could report in a few days, or I may have to wait another month or three.

I'm in no hurry to see it show up, though, as it's almost certainly going to result in a score ding. If it ages a bit before it appears, it'll work to my advantage.

At any rate, because the card was very unlikely to report, I decided to take advantage of that opportunity by allowing my first month's statement balance to be significantly larger than what I'd likely allow to be reported normally. One of the report items is "highest balance." I figured it'd look pretty silly if the highest balance on a $15,000 limit card was under $100. Smiley Happy I'm assuming, of course, that the first month's balance will appear as my highest balance once AMEX finally reports.

If that's the case I might as well land some more credit cards before the inquiries hinder my efforts.

History of my credit
Message 4 of 19
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The inquiry is likely present on your Experian report. When I applied for my AMEX, I was barely finished with the application when the notification of the inquiry flew into my e-mail.

I think you need to assume that any inquiries will be visible immediately. But if you know where your inquiries are and which bureaus lenders are likely to pull, you can plan accordingly. Do you have some cards in mind?

Message 5 of 19
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

The inquiry is likely present on your Experian report. When I applied for my AMEX, I was barely finished with the application when the notification of the inquiry flew into my e-mail.

I think you need to assume that any inquiries will be visible immediately. But if you know where your inquiries are and which bureaus lenders are likely to pull, you can plan accordingly. Do you have some cards in mind?

BofA BBR and https://www.penfed.org/affinity-cash-rewards/

I also want high score to graduate my Disco and get good rate for SSL.

History of my credit
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Subexistence wrote:

Were you expecting a positive impact or a negative one?  Maybe you are thinking that the additional credit will lower your aggregate utilization which will raise your score, but you also have to factor in the "new account" as well as a possible AAoA reduction, in addition to the inquiry you already received. 

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You get two 3-bureau pulls with a CCT trial, 1 week apart.  Since you pulled on 4/4, you'll be able to pull again free of charge on 4/11 just before the trial ends.

Now for the mind blowing part - if you log back into your then-closed CCT account on 4/18, you can start the cycle all over again with a fresh $1 trial, i.e get another pull on 4/18, then again 7 days later on 4/25.  Feel free to do this as many times as you like, they'll never shut you down.

Have fun!

All true about about CCT $1 trials!  I actually found the other day that you can get a total of 3 pulls from a single $1 trial.  Although I wouldn't recommend this, here's how:  You do exactly as described above, pulling your second set of reports/scores a week after the first on your final cancellation day.  Then you send them an email late in the day when the trial is about to expire, cite that you tried cancelling via the automated system but couldn't since it was after hours so you're emailing them to cancel.  Then a couple of days later, you'll see your CC is charged $29 or so for a "real" membership since they don't check their email and submit cancellations in real time the way the automated system does.  You'll see that charge probably 3 days after your $1 ended.  You call them up and say you emailed them to cancel since the automated system wasn't working on Day 7.  They immediately refund the charge to your CC, no questions asked.  You log back into your account and will notice that because a "real" membership was started, you can pull your 3B reports and scores once more again, any time you want.

Message 8 of 19
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

BrutalBodyShots wrote:Were you expecting a positive impact or a negative one?

Based on what I recall about Sub's other accounts, I'd expect kind of a neutral impact except for a slight Experian ding for the pull. By the time AMEX reports, there may or may not be a ding for his youngest account. And with his AAoA being so young in the first place, it's not going to change by much. But I'm new at this. What do I know? Smiley Happy

Sub, I think you're getting some good advice in the thread you posted last night in the approvals forum, particularly from austinguy907. Don't rush to app for more cards. Concentrate on meeting the spending requirement on this card. If the right opportunity pops up for a Visa/MC (good chance for approval, card you want to keep, pulls the right bureau, etc.), take it. But don't go out of your way, and take it slow. And definitely don't tempt yourself with another sign-up bonus at this time.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have fun!

All true about about CCT $1 trials!  I actually found the other day that you can get a total of 3 pulls from a single $1 trial.  Although I wouldn't recommend this, here's how:  You do exactly as described above, pulling your second set of reports/scores a week after the first on your final cancellation day.  Then you send them an email late in the day when the trial is about to expire, cite that you tried cancelling via the automated system but couldn't since it was after hours so you're emailing them to cancel.  Then a couple of days later, you'll see your CC is charged $29 or so for a "real" membership since they don't check their email and submit cancellations in real time the way the automated system does.  You'll see that charge probably 3 days after your $1 ended.  You call them up and say you emailed them to cancel since the automated system wasn't working on Day 7.  They immediately refund the charge to your CC, no questions asked.  You log back into your account and will notice that because a "real" membership was started, you can pull your 3B reports and scores once more again, any time you want.

lol - doing this would cost me a pull, because I wouldn't be able to sign up for another free trial until my 30 day 'real' membership expired.  Made me laugh though  Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.