Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often is FICO changed in a month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often is FICO changed in a month?

Why do I have this question? My score was: Mar Apr May June July 626 616 688 705 662 I don't see any formulas or any thing there. Because I always use the same credit card and the same amount from these cc was charged every month. I don't do any inquiries. I this period time I don't ask about loan and credit. My payment always on time. For example, can be next today my score is 662, tomorrow 720, and next day 650. Because, for example, yesterday I used my credit card and I have amount, but when I pay it today my score will raise. And when I use cc again my score go down again. And how can "Closed account" and "Lost Credit Card" change FICO score.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How often is FICO changed in a month?

Technically, your score could change everyday.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anytime there is a change of some substance on you credit report you credit scores will change one way or another. This is why we work so hard to keep our eyes on the reports.

Rob
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tuscani, I read this info. But how for example I can get loan if I don't know my score today? I thought all ok, I always pay on time and got this result. it confuses me. And I didn't get answer on : How can "Lost card" change my score, if on account in this moment was "ZERO". Because I see problem in this it's just the one different thing from last and current month where was 705 and now score is 662. I don't see any additional inquiries in my report.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Rob, thank you for answer, but I wrote before : I have the same credit cards, the same amount and paid off on time. Because I use for pay the same services and the same stores and.... Do you understand me? It's maybe the same just can be different in 50 or 100 dollars in balance, but this balance I always paid off and on next months I started from balance "ZERO". Maybe I don't understand correct FICO score and how it works. And can I try to get loan if my score will be so different month from month.
Message 5 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Most of your cards probably report the balance of your account when the statement comes out.  They will not report again until the next statement.  So even if you PIF, the balance is what will be reported.  If you have a high utilzation percentage, that will reduce your score even if you pay in full.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.