Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How quickly do inquiries rescore?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How quickly do inquiries rescore?

I know that when shopping for a mortgage or a car loan, all inquiries within a specific time frame rescore as one inquiry, but how quickly does that happen. 

For example, if I have inquiries from March 1st and March 2nd, will they rescore as one inquiry on March 2nd, March 3rd, 2 weeks or 30 days later?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How quickly do inquiries rescore?

it's not that they rescore. it all depends on the way the in is coded. if there are inquiries that are eligible to be included in FICO deplication function of the FICO scoring algorythum then there is no further fico points deducted for that inquiry. hope I explained it well. basicly fico knows or is supposed to know when to count an inquiry or not. also there are several flavours of fico and this feature has several unique quirks depending on which version of fico is being applied. edited to change rico to fico since the iPhone kept changing it on me.
Message Edited by imducky on 02-21-2009 08:34 AM
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's not that they rescore. it all depends on the way the in is coded. if there are inquiries that are eligible to be included in FICO deplication function of the FICO scoring algorythum then there is no further fico points deducted for that inquiry. hope I explained it well. basicly fico knows or is supposed to know when to count an inquiry or not. also there are several flavours of fico and this feature has several unique quirks depending on which version of fico is being applied. edited to change rico to fico since the iPhone kept changing it on me.
Message Edited by imducky on 02-21-2009 08:34 AM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, that makes sense!  Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.