Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How realistic am I being??

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: How realistic am I being??

Just an observation, based solely on anecdotal reports here and at other forums...

Score swings, primarily upward, seem to be more pronounced for folks in the upper 600-low 700 range, than for folks in the upper 700-800 range.  You have more "wiggle room" to gain those increases by doing what you've proposed doing to improve your score, and the rewards are greater.  So, optimistically, I think your odds of getting that 17 (now 13) point bounce are pretty good, relatively  speaking.

Message 11 of 20
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

Just an observation, based solely on anecdotal reports here and at other forums...

Score swings, primarily upward, seem to be more pronounced for folks in the upper 600-low 700 range, than for folks in the upper 700-800 range.  You have more "wiggle room" to gain those increases by doing what you've proposed doing to improve your score, and the rewards are greater.  So, optimistically, I think your odds of getting that 17 (now 13) point bounce are pretty good, relatively  speaking.

Thanks!  You guys give me hope! .... and that's all I need right now Smiley Happy

Current FICO Scores: EQ749; TU732; EX733
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Revelate. It's hard to say without seeing the rest of your report. If you were at 80% utilization with those scores and then paying to 50$ reporting than I would definitely say your scores could hit 700. What was your utilization before paying everything down?
Message 13 of 20
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree with Revelate. It's hard to say without seeing the rest of your report. If you were at 80% utilization with those scores and then paying to 50$ reporting than I would definitely say your scores could hit 700. What was your utilization before paying everything down?

I was at almost 40% total utilization.  Two cards at about 10%, one card at about 30% and the third at a little over 40%.

I got another bump today on EX (3 pts) and TU (5 pts) for paying down one of the two that were at 10% to $0.  Waiting for the last three to hit and post.

Message 14 of 20
Ellifino
New Contributor

Any updates on this, OP?

Fico Scores: EQ 742 (8/2014), TU 732 (8/2014), EX 731 (8/2014)
Starting Scores: EQ 593 (12/2011)
Goal Score: 750 on all three
My Wallet: Amex BCP $2000 / Chase Freedom $1000 / Chase Slate $2000 / AAFP Bank of America Cash Rewards $1000 / Capital One: $3300 / Amazon Store Card: $1100 / Target: $800 / Walmart: $850 / PayPal SmartConnect: $500
Message 15 of 20
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

@Ellifino wrote:

Any updates on this, OP?

I WISH!! Smiley Happy  I am patiently waiting for bureaus to update....so it can reflect in my FICO scores. Smiley Happy  There seems to be a delay in bureau reporting this month, across the board.... everything from my mortgage to my credit cards....about a week later than normal.   (the watched pot isn't boiling Smiley Happy )

I'll keep you guys posted as things hit ..... I've got until Nov. 14th to pull this off..... so I still have a couple weeks Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 20
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

Update:   As of this morning all but one CC has been paid down to $0.   There's approximately 30% of the CL utilized on the last CC (it's a card I'm an AU on).....which I was planning on paying down to less than 9% here in a week or so (before it hits the bureaus)

So, I'm not sure WHAT is going on, but when all three credit cards show $0 (except the AU), my score DROPPED.... 16 points.... on my Experian FICO score!!!!! AHHHHHHH....that's the WRONG DIRECTION!!!!

I am not sure if the FICO version of Experian uses on this site is AU sensative, or counts the AU account into the score, but OMG, this is HORRIBLE!!!!!

May have my mortgage broker pull just EX today to see how it shows for her.

Message 17 of 20
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

Well folks, the verdict is in.... and I did NOT make up the points needed to hit 700 on my EX report Smiley Sad

I came in at a 704 on TU, and a 691 on EX.  Boohoo!!!  It was worth the shot.... and for what it's worth.... I FINALLY broke ONE score into the 700's!!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barneygirl wrote:

Well folks, the verdict is in.... and I did NOT make up the points needed to hit 700 on my EX report Smiley Sad

I came in at a 704 on TU, and a 691 on EX.  Boohoo!!!  It was worth the shot.... and for what it's worth.... I FINALLY broke ONE score into the 700's!!!!! Smiley Happy

I'm sorry! Smiley Sad I actually think paying that card down to 0 actually caused you the hit.. it seem ANY of your cards reporting 0 will cause this to happen, when I tried to get all my cards to 0 and let one report a very low balance I got hit big time Smiley Sad 

Message 19 of 20
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Barneygirl wrote:

I'm sorry! Smiley Sad I actually think paying that card down to 0 actually caused you the hit.. it seem ANY of your cards reporting 0 will cause this to happen, when I tried to get all my cards to 0 and let one report a very low balance I got hit big time Smiley Sad

Thanks!  It got me 11 points on my TU report, but only 8 points on EX. (I was at 683 and it increased to 691)

Oddly enough, I got hammered with extra reserve requirements due to the this one being a second home, and I didn't have enough $$ to go the route that I was shooting for the 700 for.... so it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things Smiley Happy   AND... I HIT a 704 on TU.... first time in the 700s in years Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.