cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon before recent inquiries reflect in score?

tag
TilltedBrim
Regular Contributor

How soon before recent inquiries reflect in score?

I went on a recent app spree last week and was wondering if I pull and pay for my scores now will the score reflect the 5 new inquiries. I would have to waste the money if the score isn't reflecting yet. Thank you in advance
After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: How soon before recent inquiries reflect in score?

Most of the time inquiries will be reflected immediately on your CR , and also your score. In rare cases they may not post immediately, but this is very uncommon.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 12
TilltedBrim
Regular Contributor

Thank you Pizza Dude...

After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Message 3 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto. Immediately for non-auto and non-mortgage inquiries.

Message 4 of 12
boomhower
Valued Contributor

The inquiries will be reflected but the new accounts won't, the true change won't be known until the new accounts report.  The change in AAoA and utility will likely make a bigger change the just the inquiries.

Message 5 of 12
TilltedBrim
Regular Contributor

Boomhower.... what is AAoA? Thank you in advance.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TilltedBrim wrote:

Average Age of Accounts.

The higher your AAoA's, the better, every time you add a new TL (TradeLine) to your reports it will lower your AAoA's.

Message 7 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@TilltedBrim wrote:

Your AAoA is the sum of the ages of every account (except CA collections and public records) on your report, whether open or closed, calculated in months, divided by the number of accounts and then divided by 12. I use the division by 12 to make it easier to convert into years. This is measured from the time each account was opened until present.

You’ll need to figure the age of each account, open or closed, on each report. If all three reports are identical (very unlikely), you're in luck; otherwise, you'll need to run this for each report.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 8 of 12
TilltedBrim
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for the wonderful information... I had no idea that AAoA has such a tremendous effect on your FICO score.  Now I'm starting to wonder what the averages are that lenders consider bad.  I'm going to work on figuring my AAoA's up as soon as time permits.  Thank you

Message 9 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@TilltedBrim wrote:

Thank you all for the wonderful information... I had no idea that AAoA has such a tremendous effect on your FICO score.  Now I'm starting to wonder what the averages are that lenders consider bad.  I'm going to work on figuring my AAoA's up as soon as time permits.  Thank you

If you already pulled your FICO report, you can often find it on the 2nd or 3rd page in the pos/neg items that help or hurt your score. It's not always there, but worth a look. FICO measures AAoA as a whole number, rounded down...4 yrs, 6 yrs, 1 yr, etc.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.