Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute when lender info is unavail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to dispute when lender info is unavail

The exact same thing happened to me. I just pulled my EQ report today through Score Watch on here.
This is what mine says:

Collection on debt to: Not on Record

The collection agency "654yc00000" was hired to collect a debt of $220 originally owed to "Not on Record" on account number "1111818XXXX".

Collection agency: 654yc00000
Original Balance: $220
Current balance (as of Apr 01, 2007): $0
Status (as of Apr 01, 2007): Paid
Date assigned: Aug 01, 2001
Date reported: Apr 01, 2007
Date last active: Jun 01, 2001
Original lender: Not on Record
Account number: 1111818XXX
Account holder: Individual

First of all.. I have never had anything go to collections ever.. in my life! I don't understand where this came from.. and why it took 6 years to get reported?! EQ is the only one it's showing up on. I pulled my other 2 reports from annualcreditreport.com but didn't pay for the score. I'm kind of flipping out, actually. I was checking my FICO because I'm shopping for a house. With this collections garbage on there, my score is 634.
Any ideas how I can get this off? If I had the address, I would try the PFD letter. I wonder if I could get any more info by contacting EQ about it?
Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly!

*Also.. I didn't really mean to hijack this thread, but I was really excited because this was the EXACT same thing. So, sorry for kinda doing that, tallgirl. BTW.. have you done anything with this? Did you get it taken off?

Message 11 of 18
cl33
Established Member

Not a problem, I understand the excitement.  Smiley Wink

I am glad to hear my husband is not the only one.  I was going to write a letter to EQ disputing, but when I entered our zip code to dispute online I was transferred to another service.  I am debating what to do.  I prefer to have a letter for my files, but still haven't sent it.  I think our best bet is to contact EQ directly. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an object lesson in why not to dispute off of reseller reports.

Dispute off of paper reports.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am fairly certain that this is equifax's way of trying to avoid hipaa violations in the reporting of medical collections.  the 7 baddies that i have left are 5 meds and 2 other type accounts....the 5 meds all have the funny number as the creditor.  i online disputed them a few days ago as "not mine", b/c i have never had an account with anyone called 147y000042 and do not have any clue who they are to even contact them.  they sure as heck arent listed in the phone book.

Message Edited by dog on 06-27-2007 07:29 PM
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand what you mean with reseller reports & paper reports? What is a reseller report & what is a paper report?
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reseller report would be any report through a third party (e.g. myFICO, TrueCredit).

Paper report = you mail off a check, the CRA mails you your credit report. Just like the old days.
Message 16 of 18
cl33
Established Member

Dog: I am curious what kind of response you receive from your online dispute and how timely it is.  Would you please let me know?  In the mean time, I am going to contact EQ directly, via mail, and request a report. 

Here's the info I found from the EQ website.  

There are two ways to order your Equifax Credit Report™ other than online -- by phone or by mail.

To order by phone: You can order by phone by contacting us at 1-800-685-1111. You will be asked to enter information into our interactive telephone system and to pay with a credit card. Your Equifax Credit Report will be mailed to you within three days.

To order by mail: You can order a copy of the information on your Equifax Credit Report™ by writing to:

Equifax Information Services, LLC
Disclosure Department
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374

Please include the following information when writing, and enclose payment of $10.00 (check or money order) with your order:

• Full name (including Sr., Jr., III, etc.)
  • Social Security number
  • Current and previous addresses for the past five years
  • Date of birth
  • Signature
  • Phone number
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

tallgirl, when i get results back, i will let you know.

tallgirl375 wrote:
Dog: I am curious what kind of response you receive from your online dispute and how timely it is.  Would you please let me know? 
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.