Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute when lender info is unavail

tag
cl33
Established Member

How to dispute when lender info is unavail

My husband has a $110 collection on his EQ report that neither TU or EXP report.  The info listed is shown below.  I plan to write a letter to EQ, but was curious if there is anything else I can do.  We don't believe this is ours and would really like to have it removed. 

Collection Agency: 155yc00000
Balance: 110
Date assigned: May 1, 2002
Date last active: Feb 1, 2002
Original Lender: Not on file
Acct holder: Indiv

Thanks!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to dispute when lender info is unavail

Dispute it as "not mine" with the CRA.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this by chance a reseller report?  It may read correctly on a report directly from the corresponding CRA.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this by chance a reseller report? It may read correctly on a report directly from the corresponding CRA.

I'd still dispute it, even if I thought it legit. It's on them to correctly report the debt, not list it under an undecipherable "Microsoft error message" CA.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suit yourself, but it could also be a medical collection, which resellers are not allowed to report, if private information might be disclosed.   
Message 5 of 18
cl33
Established Member

If it is a medical collection should I proceed differently? I remember when we closed on our house last year our loan officer made mention of something medical related, but said it was minor and wouldn't impact our rate.  I bet that's what it is, thanks maple. 

So now what do I do? My husband is 95% certain this isn't his.  He and his father are often confused because they both have the same first name.  It could be his or neither of theirs.  Regardless, I'd like to find out the details and see about having it removed.   
Message 6 of 18
cl33
Established Member

An additional note . . .

EQ is the only report that this collection was listed on and it just so happens it's also the only report that confused his father with him (working on correcting.)  TU and EXP have his personal information correct, minus a few spelling errors.  That leads me to believe that it may be his dads, but with it being medical is there anyway to verify that? 
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a reseller report (like TrueCredit)?  If it is, I recommend you get a report directly from EQ, as it should reveal all applicable information (including medical provider), which might make it easier to determine if it is yours, or your FIL's.
Message 8 of 18
cl33
Established Member

The report info listed above came direclty from the EQ report I pulled from myfico. 
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.  They don't leave you much choice but to dispute as not mine. 
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.