Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to does CCT generate FICO?

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

How to does CCT generate FICO?

I have been waiting for MF to update the scores but neither EX nor EQ has updated. I was expecting this because I had a collection drop off. After waiting for few days I finally went to CCT and got my new scores and they have changed. I assumed that MF keeps the algorithm to generate the scores as secret so how does CCT generate one?

Also why in the hell doesn't MF update these things quickly. It's been 7 days since EX & EQ changes but nothing on MF yet.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JLK93
Established Contributor

Re: How to does CCT generate FICO?

All nonproprietary credit scores, FICO or otherwise, are generated by the Credit Bureaus.

Message 2 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

And CCT just happened to update yours faster. But they should be getting the same info from the bureaus.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 8
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Isn't CCT owned by Experian though? If it is owned by EX, how would get algorithm to generate FICO scores?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have fico's but also EX.  They only give you a new score monthly.  I just want to be able to see what's going on with my reports and I figure they're better than ck.

Message 5 of 8
JLK93
Established Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:
Isn't CCT owned by Experian though? If it is owned by EX, how would get algorithm to generate FICO scores?

Experian generates the CCT Experian FICO scores.

Transunion generates the CCT Transunion FICO scores.

Equifax generates the CCT Equifax FICO scores.

Message 6 of 8
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Ah I see. Thanks
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have not received an update from MyFico because a derog dropping off is not a trigger event.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.