Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force TransUnion to update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to force TransUnion to update

Has anyone had success forcing/requesting TransUnion to update your credit report/score?

I have an account that was reported to them on the 3rd of the month and it is now the 21 and they have not updated. EX updated by the 7th.

This is super frustrating as it is holding us back from purchasing a home.

The customer service reps they have are useless and attempts via their site to escalate the issue haven't worked either. I resorted to my normal avenue of complaining, social media, and they ignore that as well.

My credit is perfect but young and including this one missing account is what I need to generate a FICO score for Transunion (you have to have two for a mortgage).

Help!!

6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to force TransUnion to update

You have to have two tradelines is a lender overlay, you only need one tradeline to produce a score... doesn't quite sound right but to the core of your issue:

There's no way to force the update with TU, you could potentially go through what's called a Rapid Rescore with your lender (cost is like $60) but other than that you have to wait unfortunately.  I've heard statements from a lender it's taken up to a month (which is kind of a crap answer since there's just a re-report in 30ish days anyway) but I've seen it personally take 2 weeks and I've read a report of another's taking 3 weeks.

Sucks, but isn't a lot you can do from your end.

        
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have written that a little confusingly, let me calify. You need two FICO scores to qualify for a home mortgage, I did not mean I need two tradelines to generate a score.

I have three accounts currently, two credit cards and one auto loan. One card and the auto loan are less than six months old however the missing credit card is over a year old, which is from CITI Bank.

CITI Bank does report the card to all three bureaus, however EQ and TU are not showing it on my reports and thus those two are not generating a score due to the rest of my credit being less than six months old. EX does show it and I have a score - a pretty decent one at it for young credit.

The Rapid Score products I have found do not offer the ability to add a missing account, only correct existing data on a report.

I'm intersted to learn if anyone has been able to get TU or EQ to update and include missing information that is reported to them. If someone did, how did they do this?

Message 3 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

CAll them; Citi does report to all 3, possible you have a split file on both. 

Nobody can be forced to add it, but if they have an error which sounds like they might, they will try to resolve it.  Sometimes accounts get added to the wrong credit file, common name or broken address etc.

        
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Replying to old thread, but the best and fastest way for them to update is to do online dispute.  Do it with all 3 with the accounts which you have new balance or paid off.  It's legit since you DO have update info which is not reflected on your CR.  I did this recently and most of the acounts updated within 1 week.  Others I have to wait a bit longer but still better than waiting around.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be careful putting accounts IN DISPUTE, during a mortgage approval process!

Many lenders are NOT going to move forward with any dispute language within a file their trying to vet for a mortgage.

You may cut off your nose, trying to spite your face...most lenders are hands off a file that as the words IN DISPUTE anywhere on the profile, as it can be seen as a potential IDENTITY THEFT or at least an annoying run around from a client CLAIMING a loan was given during a time when their profile was in an DISPUTED state....and mortgages are too big and need to have clean as a whistle backgrounds because they are sold so often.

So most lenders with a brain will absolutely WAIT until that file has ZERO dispute language ANYWHERE near that file, and since it can take 30-60 days to update the dispute language off some random account ( remember @avplaya was recommending disputing all 3 = no way) this could EASILY cause way MORE of a mess, than allowing the CRA to report on its own.

The public needs to be very careful when trying to be cute in FORCING a reporting agency to REPORT, especially when seeing if that report doesn't go your way and they may take yet another reporting period to CORRECT the item you were attempting to SPEED UP in the 1st place...

Like it or not, they don't work FOR us
They sell data to lenders, period
We are a means to an end...and are NOT nearly nor will we ever be a top priority, there now ya know
Don't get it twisted.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can only disputed info that is on a file and this is not.

Other than the missing account my file is perfect, no issues.

I believe the issue is that Citi has one digit of my social incorrect. Experian managed to figure it out anyway and add it to my report. EQ and TU however did not so the calls start again tomorrow to them and Citi. I would have never figured this out if person didn't mention split files due to errors.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.