Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a FICO Score as a foreigner

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get a FICO Score as a foreigner

Dear FICO people

I wonder if I can get a FICO Score even without a Social Security ID ( I live in Europe).

What i have though in the States is:

- I own a condo

- I have a mortgage at an US Bank where i pay regularly

- I have a US bank account

- I have regular income on the bank account as i rent out my condo

- I have credit cards

thanks for your advise in advance

Snej

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
scrambler
Contributor

Re: How to get a FICO Score as a foreigner

You said you have credit cards. I am wondering if those credit cards are from the US.

Which bank in the US do you have an account with? Do you mean US Bank corp or some other bank?

What type of documentation did you use to open the bank account?

What type of account do you have? Checking, Saving?

Do you have a TAX ID?

Do you pay TAX to the US govement on your mortgage property?

If the answers to the last two questions is YES, then your TAX ID is your Social Security ID and you can use it to obtain your credit report provided the US bank that you have a motgage account with report it to the credit beureas.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you very much.

Mortgage and savings & checking account and credit cards are at Bank of America in Florida. I have a non-resident mortgage, where I only had to present a few paid bills to proof creditworthiness.

I am not sure if I have a tax ID, but I am sure that I have to pay a lot of property tax.

Message 3 of 4
scrambler
Contributor

If you pay TAX on your mortgage, then you must have been assigned a TAX ID for that purpose. You may want to call Bank of America and ask about it.

You should also ask if Bank of America is reporting your mortgage and credit card accounts to the 3 credit bureaus. If so, then you can use your TAX ID to obtain your FICO scores and credit reports provided Bank of America has been reporting your accounts for more than 6 months.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.