cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get positive accounts added back to CR??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get positive accounts added back to CR??

How do I get old positive accounts added back on my CR?  I had several large loans that were paid off in full or transferred and reported with positive history.  I stupidly disputed that they were always paid on time, because there were large blocks of time that didn't appear to be paid (I guess my credit union didn't report regularly, but I didn't know this at the time.)  I thought they would just report that they were always on time and that would be the end of it.  Unfortunately my credit union didn't respond or something so the accounts were deleted, which brought my score down.  I've called the CU multiple times to get them added back on, but they said they won't because they are already closed accounts.  Is there any other way to get these added back on?  The loans were around $24,000 to $38,00 and were all in positive standing and paid off.  I have another note to add, at the time these were deleted I was just getting divorced; coincidently my ex mother-in-law is the President of the CU. Smiley Sad I feel like it is a very shady deal.  Any suggestions?  I thought about contacting the BBB, but I'm not sure that would help. 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get positive accounts added back to CR??

unfortunately deleted means just that- the only other way i know is to simply reapply with the original creditors. once an account is deleted it is usually exsponged from your profile. 
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a couple good closed accounts come off when I had someone dispute my accounts to get the bad ones off.

I wrote to both creditors with a 'goodwill' letter stating that I had been a customer in good standing, and could they see their way to clear to re-reporting me as it benefited my score to have my good history with them reported.

One did not reply.

The other wrote back and apologized and said they'd inform the CRAs to remove the item from my account Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

topfuelgirl wrote:
 I have another note to add, at the time these were deleted I was just getting divorced; coincidently my ex mother-in-law is the President of the CU. Smiley Sad I feel like it is a very shady deal.  Any suggestions?  I thought about contacting the BBB, but I'm not sure that would help. 

I would leave it be.  Even if the account was deleted out opf spite, it is not  uncommon for an OC to delete a desputed account from your credit report.

As you have learned, never dispute accurate information and the fact that a OC fails to report for a particular month has no affect on your FICO score.

The good news is your score will recover and you can boost your score by paying down CC balances.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I had success with BOA in getting a closed account restored to active.  I closed it after my divorce a few years ago, not realizing the affect on my score.  They agreed to reactivate it, and it restored my prior history on that account.  Call or write them.  All they can do is say no, but it is not undoable.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

RobertEG wrote:
I had success with BOA in getting a closed account restored to active.  I closed it after my divorce a few years ago, not realizing the affect on my score.  They agreed to reactivate it, and it restored my prior history on that account.  Call or write them.  All they can do is say no, but it is not undoable.

Really, Robert?  That's great news!  Was this recently?  I thought I remembered you saying something about an old BofA account you were going to try to reactivate.  Is that the account in question?

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, it was reactivated within the last year.  I also GWd them on the account to try to get a prior 30-late removed, and they declined to do that, but they did reinstate the account.  For some strange reason, they want my money!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.