Did you mean: 

How to increase my Fico Scores Used for Mortgage

tag
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: How to increase my Fico Scores Used for Mortgage

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi ArmyWifeMBA;

Yes, I dod have all socres monitoring services including Mortgage Scores,.....etc.

Nope!  The monitoring is only for the three FICO 8 scores, unfortunately.

The "additional score versions" ONLY update when a full 3B Report is pulled (quarterly on Ultimate, monthly on Premier, or when you pay for a fresh 3B Report...)

It's unfortunate that the mortgage scores aren't included in the daily monitoring... but currently it's JUST FICO 8.

The mortgage scores will not update with the monitoring, just the 3B pulls.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thomas_Thumb;

Many thanks to detailed response. For my (3B) program i don't see any changes in my Mortgage scores while only my FICO 8 is changing. My next credit repor is due in one month , do you think I will be able to see my UPDATED Mortgage Scores (FICO 4, FICO 5, & FICO 2).?

Also, what you have said about paying in advance (4 or 5 months) of Car payments may not be agood idea in imprving my Mortgage FICO score, I agree with that as it may not 

But if it lowers my DTI ration, will that hlep?  

Currently, I'm using my revovoling credit in the range of 9% to 12%, do you think this is a good ration to improve my Mortgage score?.  Last month because I brought one of my CC balance to ZERO balance (my Experian FICO 8 dropped by 15 points).  On the same time My Equifax FICO 8 went up to by 3 point. Sometimes managing (my Revolving Credit balance % could have a contaditionary implication). If you could advise with the best CC revolving  Balance % approach to follow will be great.

Thanks!

Message 12 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Thomas_Thumb;

Many thanks to detailed response. For my (3B) program i don't see any changes in my Mortgage scores while only my FICO 8 is changing. My next credit repor is due in one month , do you think I will be able to see my UPDATED Mortgage Scores (FICO 4, FICO 5, & FICO 2).?

Also, what you have said about paying in advance (4 or 5 months) of Car payments may not be agood idea in imprving my Mortgage FICO score, I agree with that as it may not 

But if it lowers my DTI ration, will that hlep?  

Currently, I'm using my revovoling credit in the range of 9% to 12%, do you think this is a good ration to improve my Mortgage score?.  Last month because I brought one of my CC balance to ZERO balance (my Experian FICO 8 dropped by 15 points).  On the same time My Equifax FICO 8 went up to by 3 point. Sometimes managing (my Revolving Credit balance % could have a contaditionary implication). If you could advise with the best CC revolving  Balance % approach to follow will be great.

Thanks!

Yes all of the non-baseline FICO 8 scores only update with the refreshed report, they don't change with the monitoring solution.

DTI doesn't work that way, if the account is on there (with very very few exceptions with some loans near the end of their lives with some individual lenders) it's factored into DTI; however, DTI isn't factored at all into FICO it only determines how much loan you're able to get and nothing else when we're talking mortgages.

Therefore unless you pay the car loan completely off, it won't improve your DTI calculation paying it ahead 5 months... keep as much cash as possible in hand for when you start into the mortgage process, fact is you can always tweak DTI during it if you have to but talk with your LO about that (and maybe here too, DTI isn't a complex calculation fortunately) but more cash is more better when getting financed (downpayment, reserves, etc ad naseum).

Generally for revolving utillization, having one credit card report a small amount (non zero though) and everything else at $0 is optimal for everyone on every file; that holds true for both the monitored FICO 8 scores, and also the FICO scores used for a mortgage.

        
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.