cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase score

Contributor

Re: How to increase score

What you guys call in English department that I can request to speak with? When I call equifax try to discuss with them they direct me to speak with BOA! omg.. what a kids with them!
 
Chase was tell me the same thing!
 
Which credit company dont lie?


Message Edited by ctnbpl on 05-31-2007 02:21 PM
www.bankernews.com
Message 151 of 171
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to increase score



ctnbpl wrote:
What you guys call in English department that I can request to speak with? When I call equifax try to discuss with them they direct me to speak with BOA! omg.. what a kids with them!
 
Chase was tell me the same thing!
 
Which credit company dont lie?


Message Edited by ctnbpl on 05-31-2007 02:21 PM

@#$%^&
Message 152 of 171
New Member

Re: How to increase score

please help me someone! first time here just signed on not the greatest with computers how do you get into a sertain forum and ask a question
 
Message 153 of 171
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to increase score



camsnew2this wrote:
please help me someone! first time here just signed on not the greatest with computers how do you get into a sertain forum and ask a question
 



Welcome to the FICO Forums!  I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting.
 
 
It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu.  If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.  Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums
Message 154 of 171
Highlighted

Re: How to increase score

Kinda of hard to get an 800 when you dont have long credit history...plus i find it hard to believe someone 25yrs old would be offered a job for 350,000 when someone older with life experience could do the job...but good luck...
Message 155 of 171
Established Contributor

Re: How to increase score

Use MYFICO's score simulator  http://www.bankrate.com/brm/fico/calc.asp?lpid=BKRATE29   Just click on get started
Message 156 of 171
Senior Contributor

Re: How to increase score



DREAMBIG1234 wrote:
Kinda of hard to get an 800 when you dont have long credit history...plus i find it hard to believe someone 25yrs old would be offered a job for 350,000 when someone older with life experience could do the job...but good luck...



The opt wants that job. Whether or not they get it is not present. If they are hired, then it becomes relevant. And if he gets it, stranger things have happened. But I'd imagine many people are also in line for that same job. He "wants" to apply. I'd say it is good to have high goals whether he gets it or not. My goal is an 850 FICO score. I don't have one, but I keep trying to get there. I'm not that close, but I am better off for trying. Smiley Happy
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Message 157 of 171
Member

Re: How to increase score

800 FICO score for working with a securities broker dealer?  I mean, I understand they want you to have managed credit responsibly in the past, but let's thing about this.
 
800 FICO score among general population is probably top 10 percent, maybe less.
 
800 FICO score among 25 year olds?  Probably less than 1 percent.  Those got lucky to have AU accounts from their parents.
 
I am willing to bet that this is nearly impossible.
 
I have many friends working for securities broker dealers and they have 1, maybe 2 years of history of being in US, let alone credit in US.  Some of them don't even have Social Security Numbers before they get their jobs.
 
I will tell you this much: instead of learning tricks on the internet on how to get your FICO score to 800 (a nearly meaningless and somewhat impossible exercise given that at that range scores only go up due to age and payment history), I suggest you work on expanding your network and learning more finance, so you can apply for multiple jobs and get a job with a company other than that one.
 
 
 
Message 158 of 171
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to increase score



ChumChurum wrote:
800 FICO score for working with a securities broker dealer?  I mean, I understand they want you to have managed credit responsibly in the past, but let's thing about this.
 
800 FICO score among general population is probably top 10 percent, maybe less.
 
800 FICO score among 25 year olds?  Probably less than 1 percent.  Those got lucky to have AU accounts from their parents.
 
I am willing to bet that this is nearly impossible.
 
I have many friends working for securities broker dealers and they have 1, maybe 2 years of history of being in US, let alone credit in US.  Some of them don't even have Social Security Numbers before they get their jobs.
 
I will tell you this much: instead of learning tricks on the internet on how to get your FICO score to 800 (a nearly meaningless and somewhat impossible exercise given that at that range scores only go up due to age and payment history), I suggest you work on expanding your network and learning more finance, so you can apply for multiple jobs and get a job with a company other than that one.
 
 
 


I called BS with this thread a long time ago!Smiley Tongue The OP vanished.
Message 159 of 171
Senior Contributor

Re: How to increase score

He was young, maybe he just believed what he over heard somewhere?
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Message 160 of 171