Did you mean: 

How to obtain utilities scores?

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: How to obtain utilities scores?

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If your interested in that, you should certainly pull your NCTUE report (National Consumer Telecom & Utilities Exchange). 

http://www.nctue.com/Consumers

There are lots of specialized CRAs out there, far more than just EQ, TU, and EX.  Here's a good overview of many of them:

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201604_cfpb_list-of-consumer-reporting-companies.pdf

Thanks for the info in regard to NCTUE reports.  I just completed the process to have report and score sent to me.  

Thanks again!  

I don't see a specification of the information to provide when requesting the report. Is there a form?

Message 11 of 14
EW800
Valued Contributor

From my experience, all you do is call their automated system. Supply your SSN and validation of the numbers of your street address and select whether you want just the report, or the report and some type of score. I selected report and score, and hope to have the them via postal mail in a couple days.
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 12 of 14
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Darn it -

I tried the automated system twice by entering SSN and street address # - no match found. I guess I don't exist in their system. Perhaps it is because all these bills (cell phone, utilities & cable) come to DW and she pays them out of a joint checking account. Kinda bummed - never a late payment. Last time any of these was under my name was over 20 years ago.

Side note: My LN Auto score jumped 40 points earlier this year, I wonder if that had anything to do with State Farm changing Auto insurance to list my name 1st on the policy.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 13 of 14
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here are a few CRAs that I think ought to apply to everyone, and depending on one's lifestyle might need to pulled every 12, 18, 24, or 36 months:

NCTUE (Cell phones, cable TV, utilities)

EWS and ChexSystems (Bank accounts)

LexisNexis (all kinds of stuff, including past addresses and Auto History)

LexisNexis also appears in Starting July 1, some black marks will vanish from credit reports.

"Lenders who want the missing data could simply ask borrowers on a loan application if they have outstanding liens or judgments. Or they could obtain the information from the public record.

LexisNexis Risk Solutions, which sells public records data to credit bureaus and others, is marketing a new product called RiskView Liens & Judgments Report that, it says, “fills the gap left behind” by the July 1 changes."

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.