cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up a loan that improves my scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to set up a loan that improves my scores?

New member here, I've been reading a lot of the great info here and while I've seen loans referenced a lot, I haven't found much info on exactly how to go about getting a loan that will most help improve scores.

I don't need a loan at the moment, but my recent switch in auto insurance indicated that having a loan on my credit score would have lowered my premium, which I could definitely use. Are there some recommended guidelines for going about this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: How to set up a loan that improves my scores?

@Anonymous wrote:

New member here, I've been reading a lot of the great info here and while I've seen loans referenced a lot, I haven't found much info on exactly how to go about getting a loan that will most help improve scores.

I don't need a loan at the moment, but my recent switch in auto insurance indicated that having a loan on my credit score would have lowered my premium, which I could definitely use. Are there some recommended guidelines for going about this?

1. Join Alliant Credit Union

2. Set up a savings account

3. Take out a secured loan against the saving account

4. Keep it in a mostly-paid-down state, and leave it open as long as possible

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to the rebuilding your credit forum --- they have TONS of ideas for you!    Very helpful group (as they all are!). 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.