cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will my score be affected by getting mortgage removed that wasn't mine??

tag
siren8780
Established Member

How will my score be affected by getting mortgage removed that wasn't mine??

I am in the process of trying to get a mortgage loan off of my credit. Long story short, I am not on the note and there are about 36 lates. Last late was reported March 2016. Payments have been on time since. I'm wondering how much of a bump to expect when I get this off. My current scores are 580-605.

Other Negatives: I have one collection on two CRAs and two on another, which i plan to PIF or ask for PFD.  One student loan with three l lates in 2016. More in 2015. I'm trying to get them corrected because the loan was in forberance. 

I'm new to this whole process of repairng credit, so please let me know what to expect.

3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How will my score be affected by getting mortgage removed that wasn't mine??

If this comes off there will be some fico score adjustments but there will still be a hold back of score for the SL lates, typically the biggest increase comes with the final derog being removed.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How will my score be affected by getting mortgage removed that wasn't mine??

Honestly your scores are quite a bit away from where they need to be to secure a mortgage.  Ideally you'd want no negative information at all on your report, especially nothing in the last 2 years but you have negatives from 10 months ago.  Definitely work on trying to clean up some or all of the negatives and your score will follow suit. 

Message 3 of 4
siren8780
Established Member

Thank you . I called about getting the SL lates off and wasn't successfull. Even though i had forebarance to cover those months, which brought the account current, they still report the lates to the CRAs and can't take them off. I'll keep begging and sending letters and maybe they'll come off eventually. I think I can get the collection account off which may help also. Honestly, I'll be happy to be in the high 6's. I know it will take awhile to get up to the 7's. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.