Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will this scoring go?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How will this scoring go?

Ok guys...So...right now my reports are absolutely identical, but my scores are:  TU=734, EQ=738, EX=692 (I think they are out to get me). So last reporting period I had three cards reporting balances. Amex at $32 with a 4100 limit, WAMU with a $34 balance and a $5000 limit, and CITI reporting at approx $2300 with a $4000 limit so reporting at over 50% utilization...I know I know...ugh!!! All balances are now at $0 so my utilization is now at 0%. Can I get to 760 now..at least? And what is with EX anyway....Smiley Mad
By the way...not a single baddie in sight...
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: How will this scoring go?

ObsessedwithmyFico wrote:

EX=692 (I think they are out to get me).

They are certainly out to get DW and me.  Nearly 100 points lower than TU and EQ, although we have a 6.75 year old baddie on EX (paid collection)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I don't get it...when I started these adventures, EX was always my highest score. Now they are way down there...Can't figure out what the h*** they want from me....
By the way, I also consolidated my three AMEX cards into one, so instead of three I now have one card with a $22k limit. They two I closed are not showing closed yet. I expect it to take two months to show since AMEX is always so far behind....
Mr.MidnightVoice...did I read right earlier that your EX baddie had gone away?
Message 3 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on the scores! But believe it or not, if they haven't already all reported, you might want to go put a slurpee on whichever card hasn't posted yet. Someone (Timothy, maybe?) experimented with having all revolving accounts PIF'd and lost 20 points.

I just did the same thing as you except that I left $7.85 on one account, and I got a huge jump, especially from TU. TU loves to see half or fewer of ALL accounts with balances (this includes mortgages, car loans, HELOC's, you name it), and I definitely got rewarded. BTW, this worked out to 1/100 of 1% util, which was fun.

Have you got a lot of EX inqs? That often knocks down an EX score. Otherwise, in your particular score bucket, EX might not like high util, the way that EQ doesn't like my lates. Also, do you have any "birthdays" coming up? (accounts going over 6 months, 1 year, 2 years) --that might help, too.

I'm terrible at predictions, but I would think that you might be in shouting distance, especially if you put some ridiculously small purchase on one of the cards. Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok dangit...Since you forced me to do it...I bought three pair of wool slacks on one of my discount sites...Statement hasn't cut yet...so maybe I will make it...lol...I had those slacks in my basket but was putting off actually buying them.....So now I'll be at 1% utilization...Thanks hauling....I'm trying to go up not down...
Message 5 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Smiley Very Happy OK, now I'm tied up in knots. But I keep seeing this let-something-report advice; hope it works! And I hope your new wool slacks aren't too itchy.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I checked CITI site and it says NEXT STATEMENT DATE: 12/10/07...So it should be ok...

P.S. Never really had a problem with wool slacks, but wool sweaters drive me nutts!!  Hopefully in NC..I won't have my occasion to wear them anyway...gonna be like 78 again tomorrow....

Message Edited by ObsessedwithmyFico on 12-09-2007 02:09 PM
Message 7 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Ok guys...So...right now my reports are absolutely identical, but my scores are:  TU=734, EQ=738, EX=692 (I think they are out to get me). So last reporting period I had three cards reporting balances. Amex at $32 with a 4100 limit, WAMU with a $34 balance and a $5000 limit, and CITI reporting at approx $2300 with a $4000 limit so reporting at over 50% utilization...I know I know...ugh!!! All balances are now at $0 so my utilization is now at 0%. Can I get to 760 now..at least? And what is with EX anyway....Smiley Mad
By the way...not a single baddie in sight...

Sometimes you never know what might happen when changes occur on your CRs. My guess is you probably will not hit 760 on any of the reports. If it were to happen, I would guess TU would be the one.
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang fused...you hurt my feelings..No 760 for me?  I won't sleep tonight.Smiley Mad
Got a feeling all I can do for my scores now is give it time....thanks for your reply....
Message 9 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Dang fused...you hurt my feelings..No 760 for me?  I won't sleep tonight.Smiley Mad
Got a feeling all I can do for my scores now is give it time....thanks for your reply....

I could be wrong, but with some of the crazy things I've been reading lately who really knows. I have read about a judgment less than two years old being deleted and no change in scores, having 80% util on a single credit card and no adverse affects to scores and a 6.75 year old collection falling off of a report with a 56 point gain. The FICO algorithm is juiced!
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.