cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will this scoring go?

Moderator Emerita

Re: How will this scoring go?


fused wrote: I could be wrong, but with some of the crazy things I've been reading lately who really knows. I have read about a judgment less than two years old being deleted and no change in scores, having 80% util on a single credit card and no adverse affects to scores and a 6.75 year old collection falling off of a report with a 56 point gain. The FICO algorithm is juiced!
All I know is that I'm pitifully grateful for the bones that FICO has recently thrown me. Although by golly, they owe me after the bucket thing!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 25
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How will this scoring go?

How about my $50K HELOC with ZERO effect on all 3 scores?
Message 12 of 25
Moderator Emerita

Re: How will this scoring go?


Timothy wrote:
How about my $50K HELOC with ZERO effect on all 3 scores?


See? How weird is THAT? So it must be that it's being treated strictly as installment/ mortgage, because changes there don't seem to do anything much, at least not on my reports.

Timothy, have you already used all of your HELOC? I'm at 24% util on mine, and I'm curious what difference if any that might have versus having used 100% of it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 25
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How will this scoring go?

10K/50K so 20%.

I guess I was expecting a change- up or down.



haulingthescoreup wrote:

Timothy wrote:
How about my $50K HELOC with ZERO effect on all 3 scores?


See? How weird is THAT? So it must be that it's being treated strictly as installment/ mortgage, because changes there don't seem to do anything much, at least not on my reports.

Timothy, have you already used all of your HELOC? I'm at 24% util on mine, and I'm curious what difference if any that might have versus having used 100% of it.



Message Edited by Timothy on 12-11-2007 04:51 AM
Message 14 of 25
Established Contributor

Re: How will this scoring go?

Alrighty then..EX has updated to current. Reporting 6 cc's @ balance $0 and 1 CC @ $3. Score went from 692 to 729.
Now if EQ and TU follow suit and give me 37 points each, I will make over 760 on both of those....**wishful thinking on my part I know***...Smiley Very Happy
Message 15 of 25
Moderator Emerita

Re: How will this scoring go?



ObsessedwithmyFico wrote:
Alrighty then..EX has updated to current. Reporting 6 cc's @ balance $0 and 1 CC @ $3. Score went from 692 to 729.
Now if EQ and TU follow suit and give me 37 points each, I will make over 760 on both of those....**wishful thinking on my part I know***...Smiley Very Happy



Yay for scratchy wool! -whew-
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 25
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How will this scoring go?

After the account update - you have to check you FICO's while doing a head stand. That should give you 30-40 points.



ObsessedwithmyFico wrote:
Alrighty then..EX has updated to current. Reporting 6 cc's @ balance $0 and 1 CC @ $3. Score went from 692 to 729.
Now if EQ and TU follow suit and give me 37 points each, I will make over 760 on both of those....**wishful thinking on my part I know***...Smiley Very Happy



Message 17 of 25
Established Contributor

Re: How will this scoring go?

The verdict is in on TU...Score went from 731 to 755!!!!   Smiley Very HappyYeah!!! Still waiting on EQ to update, they are always last...
Message 18 of 25
Moderator Emerita

Re: How will this scoring go?

OK, I'm having this inscribed on my headstone: "Let one, and only one, credit card report." Smiley Very Happy
 
Congrats!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 25
Super Contributor

Re: How will this scoring go?



Timothy wrote:
How about my $50K HELOC with ZERO effect on all 3 scores?


My HELOC is under mortgages and does not report as util

 

And there are rumors of CL of $50K and above not being counted as revolving


The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 20 of 25