cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Difference between TU and EX - WHY?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huge Difference between TU and EX - WHY?

So I've been using WaMu's FICO scoring tool to monitor my credit over the past year. My TU shows a 717 score which I've worked hard at elevating over the past 12 months.

I just pulled my EX report and it shows a 646!!!

How can that be? Why such a huge gap.

I've paid down my balances to about 10% of the total credit line.

I have not been late in any payments in 3 years (for more than 30 days) and that was only once.

How can I manage my EX report now the same that I did with TU to raise my score?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Huge Difference between TU and EX - WHY?

FrenchCredit wrote:
So I've been using WaMu's FICO scoring tool to monitor my credit over the past year. My TU shows a 717 score which I've worked hard at elevating over the past 12 months.

I just pulled my EX report and it shows a 646!!!

How can that be? Why such a huge gap.

I've paid down my balances to about 10% of the total credit line.

I have not been late in any payments in 3 years (for more than 30 days) and that was only once.

How can I manage my EX report now the same that I did with TU to raise my score?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you gone over the reports line by line?  With such a large difference in the scores, there are apparently some differences in the reports.

Once you find those differences, post back here so we can help.

Edit to add: Ahh, I just saw you said you've been using the WaMu FICO.  Are you aware that is a bankcard-enhanced FICO, and not a Classic FICO like you get at myFICO?  You can't really compare a bankcard-enhanced FICO from one CRA with a Classic FICO from another and expect them to be the same or similar.  That's not an apples to apples comparison at all.

Message Edited by cheddar on 06-24-2008 07:00 AM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Huge Difference between TU and EX - WHY?

Cheddar is correct. The WaMu FICO is tweaked to measure bankcard risk and performance.

It's a useful score to have if you're thinking of applying for credit cards. But he is correct insofar as it can't really be compared to other scores.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.