Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Score increases

tag
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Huge Score increases

Credit Karma Simulated my score giving me a +132 pt increase to a 794 FICO, if I were to pay off 23k of my debt.   Is that Really true?

Current Utilization is at 21%. Total credit limits 108k.  CK isnt updated I only owe like 19k, I paid down some of my debt with in the last two weeks.  (All CC's 0%) Not paying interest. 

Current FICO is 670 on CK. AMEX Discover etc show smy current FICO is 735

IMG_6023.PNGIMG_6024.PNG

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Huge Score increases

MyFico's simulator is useless.  Credit Karma, which doesn't show you FICO scores, is even more useless.

What's your HIGHEST utilization on any one credit line?

Message 2 of 6
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Highest utilization is these three cards:

AMEX SPG. $3k limit, balance $1,144. 

Quicksilver $5k limit, balance $2,744

Barclays $11k limit, balance $6,337

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's likely you'll see a reasonable bump if you pay down ALL your cards but 1 and let it show a 1-9% utilization (but not 0%).  That's standard for FICO scoring's max on credit utilization.

To get into 800, you'll want a relatively strong AAoA, along with a good credit mix -- do you have at least one installment loan open and reporting?

I doubt paying them down would get you to 800, unless you also have a decent AAoA and a solid credit mix.

Message 4 of 6
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Yes one auto loan. $17k left, orig ammount $31k 2 years ago.

had one real estate loan, closed paid, no lates.

2inq on each report.

4 new cards in the last 24 months. 

my AAoA  is about 2.5 years. 

Total of 23 open accounts. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just recall CK uses Vantgage scores.  In real life almost nobody but landlords use Vantgage scores.  I have seen large differences betweem FICO and Vantgage scores.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.